FoxFi NOT working with Droid Razr M

Superlete

Reaction score
hey group! I had a droidX and the foxfi was awesome...i updated to a droid razr M, and I don;t think I Have used foxfi since I switched phone and it doesn't work!! Gives me an error message about wifi mode does not work with android 4.1 or higher...try blue tooth mode or download pdanet app, etc...but I KNOW it works on Androids with 4.1 or higher. I have tried removing the app and reinstalling it...even paid the $7 for the full version AND downloaded the foxfi add on...still get the same error message! I need help!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
hey group! I had a droidX and the foxfi was awesome...i updated to a droid razr M, and I don;t think I Have used foxfi since I switched phone and it doesn't work!! Gives me an error message about wifi mode does not work with android 4.1 or higher...try blue tooth mode or download pdanet app, etc...but I KNOW it works on Androids with 4.1 or higher. I have tried removing the app and reinstalling it...even paid the $7 for the full version AND downloaded the foxfi add on...still get the same error message! I need help!

FoxFi doesn't work with JB yet..... The only way I am aware of to get tether to work is by rooting and WiFi Tether for Root users...... I believe it even says in the description in the Play Store that it does not yet work with JB.. Unless something has changed in the last few days..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

jscuzz

Reaction score
After receiving the message that FoxFi wouldn't work on my Razr M after the JB push today it started showing it is connected again but also gives me the Verizon message that my account hasn't been activated.

It says it is working and shows a small data DL but I do not see a hotspot on my computer list.

Has anyone else tried it today?

yalerider

Reaction score
No luck with getting it to work on the HTC DNA yet. Same thing, call Verizon to subscribe, cancel that, then it looks like it's working but doesn't come up...

jscuzz

Reaction score
It seems the message from Foxfi that it is not compatible with 4.1 is gone and replaced with the Verizon subscription message but still not working. I hope this means they are working on it and are showing some progress.

OP
Superlete

Superlete

Reaction score
It seems the message from Foxfi that it is not compatible with 4.1 is gone and replaced with the Verizon subscription message but still not working. I hope this means they are working on it and are showing some progress.

I got the same thing now...just as you stated. I just wonder if our days of FREE hot spot are gone!

jscuzz

Reaction score
My goal with the M was to stay unrooted so I'll give em a bit longer before I start messing with it. Maybe it will be a nice Christmas present.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

jscuzz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have been paying Verizon for a hotspot hoping June Fabrics would work something out but maybe it is time for me to root and go to wifi tether.

yalerider

Reaction score
Its looks like foxfi has teamed up with pdanet and might of made a tethered hotspot. Has anyone made it work? Still couldn't get the WiFi tether to work...

jdog7131

Reaction score
i have a droid razr m and i really wanted foxfi or the new pdanet to work but i couldnt figure out how to get it to work without rooting my phone as well. well instead i remember it working on the old operating system it had before jelly bean which was ice cream sandwich. i fastbooted it back to ics so i can have foxfi work again and so im not rooted. my battery is 2x better on ics than on jb and foxfi is working and i have no problems at all. its the best way without being rooted. only bad part is that you lose all your apps and pictures and stuff unless you save them on the sd card