Foxfi working on this phone?

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
The FCC also ruled that they can't charge tiered data users for wifi hotspot access.

They can only charge unlimited data users

Not true. The news was misleading on this. I read the same back in July and thought the exact same...how are they still charging for that??

Verizon set me straight. The FCC ruled that Verizon could no longer block the 3rd party apps in the app store that allow you to tether/wifi hotspot.

You still have to pay to get it through Verizon.

Ah, jellybean. Hard-pressed to find anything to like about that OS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Just for info:

I have tested many wifi/usb tether apps since the JB update. Foxfi and SVTP both don't work with JB and the razr M.

PDANet works with no issues however but does require the client to be installed on the PC.

Also before the JB upgrade, I could USB tether with no issues at all straight from the built-in usb tehter without any apps, now JB blocks that. Everyone else have the same issue? Was anyone using the Android built-in USB tether before JB upgrade?

Last edited:

buffalochick

Reaction score
Not Working on LG Intuition Android 4.0.1

I'm old and just upgraded to the Intuition. Great phone. Gave up my Droid X2. BUT, will be going back to it shortly if FoxFi does not work with this one. I have installed, installed the Addon app, rebooted, renamed my network, anything else I can find out here, but it will not work.

Phone has wifi shut off,

PLEASE, somebody help me make this work..... I need it for the kids. I'm a hockey Mom and the one that supplies the internet for all of them at practice.

Thanks in advance,

victoriak68

Reaction score
I'm old and just upgraded to the Intuition. Great phone. Gave up my Droid X2. BUT, will be going back to it shortly if FoxFi does not work with this one. I have installed, installed the Addon app, rebooted, renamed my network, anything else I can find out here, but it will not work.

Phone has wifi shut off,

PLEASE, somebody help me make this work..... I need it for the kids. I'm a hockey Mom and the one that supplies the internet for all of them at practice.

Thanks in advance,

Foxfi is being blocked by the carriers on all new phones. Can't remember how, but I ran into the same problem when I upgraded from my RAZR to the RAZR Maxx HD. I later gave that phone to my daughter and now have Samsung's gs4. Foxfi is still blocked. Carriers want you to purchase their mobile hotspot package. They don't like you getting mobile hotspot service for free.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk