FoxFi alternative

Natey2

Reaction score
Go to the old version, clear data, open the app, click on hash code and enter 1234.

This is for the FREE version. Not the paid!

Magic! It works again! Thanks!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk2

ecbranch5

Reaction score
Unfortunately this app only works via usb connection. There doesn't seem to be any wireless ones like foxfi

Humm.... I'm not sure but that is what is called on my phone and is wireless. I do have the other Easy tether that you are talking about which only works with usb.

richkw

Reaction score
Thanks for the early Christmas present. Foxfi is working great again.

Considering I posted the old version and 2 weeks later got it removed. I'm hoping this next move doesn't get me in trouble:

Go to the old version, clear data, open the app, click on hash code and enter 1234.

Hysterics

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a legitimate looking Google download link, can anyone point me to one?

shankscomp

Reaction score
Considering I posted the old version and 2 weeks later got it removed. I'm hoping this next move doesn't get me in trouble:

Thank you Wopback...

I just uninstalled FoxFi v1.95.1 and reinstalled the v1.91.3 that I had saved on my dropbox. I changed my hash code as you suggested to 1234 and I've been using my old version as I write this message on here... Going on 15 minutes with no disconnects yet!!! We will see how long this works.

jkcm725

Reaction score
Thank you Wopback...

I just uninstalled FoxFi v1.95.1 and reinstalled the v1.91.3 that I had saved on my dropbox. I changed my hash code as you suggested to 1234 and I've been using my old version as I write this message on here... Going on 15 minutes with no disconnects yet!!! We will see how long this works.

Just tried mine 1.91.2 and does not work on mine still says I need to update.

Wopback

Reaction score
Yup......its no longer working.

I'll update what I find.

rockhand

Reaction score
Have a total stock non-root Samsung galaxy s3 32gb on Verizon unlimited data with the latest updates and wifi hotspot works fine with a toggle widget. The one I am using is free by jaumard Widgetsoid. Svtp's lite version of wifi hotspot & usb tether worked fine but who wants to spend money when a free option is available and works. Was sceptical about the toggle widget but I workes for me

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

BrendonSF

Reaction score
FYI, FoxFi is now bundled as part of PDAnet. Further development may only happen in that app.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
II have a GS3 that has never been rooted and is at Android 4.1.1 with no issues with FoxFi. Able to use it with my Samsung Tab2 7.0, Ipad4, Toshiba R935 and my Asus UX31E. I did purchase the app though if that means anything. Can stay connected beyond the 30 minute time frame.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Foxfi works just fine on jellybean on the S3 and the note 2. Just pay the 7$ and move on.

Tedson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto e4Plus
Twitter
@KK0DJ_Dennis
If you Google search for foxfi 1.91 you can download a free version that doesn't have any limits.

Xeene.... I did the search and the page was Download FoxFi Android App and appeared to be informative and helpful as well as providing warnings on what would or wouldn't work. I just wonder if it's worth the effort since it can cause you to have to reboot, reset the name, password and such - might be more trouble than it's worth. Thank you for the link... it was very helpful.