FoxFi Alternative Emerges for Free Wifi Tethering and USB Tethering

52brandon

Reaction score
WiFi.jpg

Most of you are rooted and use the free wireless tether app from the playstore, for the rest of you that are not rooted you have probably tried FoxFi. FoxFi works for most devices but specifically it does not work for most HTC devices. For those devices a new alternative has emerged. "Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether Pro" does the same thing as FoxFi. It provides free wireless and usb tether for those users who are not rooted. This Should work for all devices. There is a free version which allows you to test on your device. It gives you 2 full days of use then limits you to 5 minutes of tethering once a day. The Pro Version allows for unlimited free tethering at a cost of $15. This may seem like a bit much, but if it is the only working option then it may be worth your while.

Grab the app here
oh man, it's back on the market. Talk about a blast from the past. I got it on my D1 back when it was free. And it just asked for a donation (which I made) in the app
So company's like verizon can't throttle you the $20 or $30 for using a feature that's built into the phone you paid for running on a network you already pay a premium to use!
I use wifi tether for root users. Works perfectly for my DROID 4 but is not compatible with all phones and of course requires root access..
I thought USB tethering was free. But the WiFi tethering cost $ like you stated?