Forget the bionic I'm waiting for the Targa

creaky

Reaction score
Great post, leonozug. I'm fatigued as well from the waiting. I've been on a Storm 1 for way too long and sitting on my upgrade since November. I really hate using the Storm but am weary of jumping on something I don't 100% want. Last night I looked at X and D2 prices on Ebay just to see if there is something that could tide me over until the Bionic/Targa/whatever Moto dual-core LTE or S2 is released. But then I think, man, do I want to spend $200-$300 on a phone I'll have for a few months? And what if something great is released in 4 weeks - then I'll really feel like a chump.

OK, enough of my whining and back on topic: From what I can tell everything except the fact that the Bionic is still on Moto's website strongly suggests that the Bionic is trouble or gone. Too many things seem wrong about this, although I hope I'm wrong an we see a release of a great device soon.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The bionic is definitely taking way too long to come out and the fact that it hasn't been seen "in the wild" since CES clearly proves that it is having problems. Even if the DB comes out sometime in may (optimistically speaking) with all the so called problems its been having (although they are all rumors) I just don't think its a smart choice. I'm still going with my D1 and I think I'm just going to buy a used droid x and hold that until the targa comes out. A 1.5 GHz dual core OMAP processor on a 4.3" qHD screen running on gingerblur( which is really fast, esp when it comes to motoblur) sounds like my dream phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I love how you all speculate just cause the Bionic isn't out yet that its having problems. If I'm not mistaken I believe "sometime in the 2nd quarter" was what Motorola announced at CES. Even the Motorola spokeswoman showing off the phone at CES said a LATE 2nd quarter release was expected. And also if I'm not mistaken I believe 2nd quarter runs until what? June 30th??? People getting impaitient and putting up rumors is the problem. Who's to say Motorola isn't trying to get the webtop app somewhat finished before the release? I love how everyone speculates something is wrong when it CAN still get released in the timeframe it said it would, doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I love how you all speculate just cause the Bionic isn't out yet that its having problems. If I'm not mistaken I believe "sometime in the 2nd quarter" was what Motorola announced at CES. Even the Motorola spokeswoman showing off the phone at CES said a LATE 2nd quarter release was expected. And also if I'm not mistaken I believe 2nd quarter runs until what? June 30th??? People getting impaitient and putting up rumors is the problem. Who's to say Motorola isn't trying to get the webtop app somewhat finished before the release? I love how everyone speculates something is wrong when it CAN still get released in the timeframe it said it would, doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

True..

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great post!!The gf talked me n 2 leaven Sprint,so now i wait 2 c what verizon has comin.I hope we(gso)get LTE.Wanted the bionic but now ill pass.Im really waitin 2 c what htc brings 2 the table-i no they have something that can match evo 3d but without 3d plz!

lemodular

Reaction score
Great post!!The gf talked me n 2 leaven Sprint,so now i wait 2 c what verizon has comin.I hope we(gso)get LTE.Wanted the bionic but now ill pass.Im really waitin 2 c what htc brings 2 the table-i no they have something that can match evo 3d but without 3d plz!

Do you have a full keyboard? Just asking.

steazy26

Reaction score

Do you have a full keyboard? Just asking.

Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums