Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

DoctorV

Reaction score
If the Bionic gets 1 gig of RAM it's probably going to be partitioned like the Atrix where it will have 512MB of usable RAM while the other 512MB will be reserved for the laptop/webtop attachment device and only be available to use when it's docked with the attachment. I really hope this isn't the case though and they found a way to have the entire 1GB accessible at all times because I don't think I'll ever use that overpriced laptop device.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If the Bionic gets 1 gig of RAM it's probably going to be partitioned like the Atrix where it will have 512MB of usable RAM while the other 512MB will be reserved for the laptop/webtop attachment device and only be available to use when it's docked with the attachment. I really hope this isn't the case though and they found a way to have the entire 1GB accessible at all times because I don't think I'll ever use that overpriced laptop device.

I read on XDA forums that it different then the Atrix. Like 800MB DDR2 Ram and 200MB DDR2 Ram of continuous Ram that is for the Laptop Dock.. I am looking for it...

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score

I read on XDA forums that it different then the Atrix. Like 800MB DDR2 Ram and 200MB DDR2 Ram of continuous Ram that is for the Laptop Dock.. I am looking for it...

go ahead... say 768mb as if you dont think of TB owners....eckkk we're better than that... lol well at least its ddr2.... lets just hope that 128/256 isnt wasted and saved for an accessory I will never own... hopefully itll default allocate that memory when the dock is detected.

trailblazen

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere it only allocates the 200MB RAM if it gets the docked command (webtop_1) or something like that. I think I found it over on the AC forums but can't remember where I read it in that sea of posts LOL.

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
If the phone turns out to be as good as it seems, and if it has an unlocked bootloader...I'll probably warranty swap my DX for it if they let me (it has a bad 3.5mm jack I've been dealing with forever, just waiting for a good phone to get it swapped for).