Looks like we have confirmed specs

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My HP Printer shows up as a wireless signal, so you'd simply connect and print.

Reaction score
It's called "motoprint" and it allegedly is already supported in the xoom.moto's website doesnt say exactly how it's executed but gives an optional means via motoprint pc host for additional flexibility of motoprint. (still lost)

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Those speculations are completely unfounded and are in fact in opposition to what google has stated that moto mobility will operate as a separate entity. We shouldn't expect the Bionic to see any benefits from google's acquisition of moto and anyone who is expecting those benefits is setting themselves up for disappointment.

That's why it's called speculation my friend. One doesn't always have a solid backing behind such things. Yes, I am aware that the acquisition is most likely an attempt to secures Moto's patents so that Google can protect both itself and Android. With that said, it would be highly surprising if Google did not eventually start showing a touch of favoritism towards Moto. Besides, Moto has already done a decent job of getting updates out to their phones. Therefor it behoves me to believe that with an actual firm tie to Google, their updates will more than likely be closer to whenever the Nexus devices receive updates, ie. ICS and newer versions. Again, speculation. And I will nod to the fact that the Bionic will probably have no benefit from this. In all likelihood it will be a year or three before this could be in full swing.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Man I have no idea what to get ... Bionic or Samsung Galaxy S2...

sk102704

Reaction score
I know people have commented on the build quality of Samsung devices. And for a long time now I have considered waiting on the gs2. But I just took a new job as a supervisor at costco and we have to handle every phone that is returned. The comparison goes like this, for every 10 Samsung's returned, there are 5 HTC devices returned and 1 Motorola devices returned. Now if that is because they break, or they are not user friendly, or whatever the case may be. They're getting returned ten times more. Thought some would be interested in this point of view.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

This is very interesting to me. I'd like to see what the return rates are for all these companies overall. This info would certainly weight heavily in my decision!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a great sample to take from one store just fyi. A store could easily get a bad batch of Samsung devices and you'd have 10x the returns than you'd have for say HTC devices for that quarter. Not saying this is the case, but one store can't be taken as a valid sample size. You would have to look at 100's of stores and sadly, companies would never be allowed to release such information. Would be a useful tool though.

axlerod

Reaction score
It's appearing more and more to be the 4430 vs. the new 4460 which of course replaced the 4440.

Link to TI comparison

At 1.5GHz, I'm thinking about sitting back and waiting to see if a 4460 phone comes out around the holidays. :)

After all, there is no hurry in this fast changing world.

Thanks for the info. I would like to wait but my OG Droid is starting to get long in the tooth. Besides whatever I get, there will always be something better just around the corner. The bionic looks like it will be solid for a couple of years.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sk102704

Reaction score
Not a great sample to take from one store just fyi. A store could easily get a bad batch of Samsung devices and you'd have 10x the returns than you'd have for say HTC devices for that quarter. Not saying this is the case, but one store can't be taken as a valid sample size. You would have to look at 100's of stores and sadly, companies would never be allowed to release such information. Would be a useful tool though.

I definitely agree on the sample size. There could be a store somewhere taking in 10 Motos for 1 Sammy.

I do generally hear more praise for Motorola's build quality than its competitors on these forums. I personally have no idea how my OG Droid is still working let alone look virtually brand new after what I've put it through. The durability of my D1 is one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards the Bionic as opposed to a Samsung or HTC.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my Droid 4 times in the first month I had it, but this one has lasted 2 years with zero problems and looks/works like new.

All companies have problems with phones being returned, hardware is hardware.

sk102704

Reaction score
I had to replace my Droid 4 times in the first month I had it, but this one has lasted 2 years with zero problems and looks/works like new.

All companies have problems with phones being returned, hardware is hardware.

When you returned them, did you go to the store and walk out with a new one or did they have them delivered?

Reaction score
Until I see a picture of the processor I still want to believe that it could be a 4460 that is underclocked.

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you returned them, did you go to the store and walk out with a new one or did they have them delivered?

The first one they replaced in store. The next 2 I had to send off for.

das2042

Reaction score
Until I see a picture of the processor I still want to believe that it could be a 4460 that is underclocked.

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums

Wish all you want, I had the same hopes for a 4.5in screen, 1.5 dual core processor, and for having to wait forever(wait for it) a $199.99 price tag. Moto killed my dreams and they'll kill yours too!