Looks like we have confirmed specs

nikecar

Reaction score
I like the wireless printing.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
December for a way thinner nicer phone... it's only a few months. Then again maybe they mean December 2012:icon_evil:

mach330

Reaction score
i really wonder how thick this would be compare to the charge and thunderbolt. to me that's a bit too thick for my taste. i like the memory size as well, but I think $200 is the most i would pay for a phone still. i would wait until they have a promotion on this phone. but by that time, the htc vigor would be out and i have another choice, unless that phone is thick too. lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All of the specs are great. 4.3 is what I wanted.... Only think that bothers me is the pics I just saw of the slim Motorola HD.. what's that about.

However leaked that pic right next to the Bionic needs to be shot...lol. Why, why must the gadget guards tempt me, torture me????

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
However leaked that pic right next to the Bionic needs to be shot...lol. Why, why must the gadget guards tempt me, torture me????

Consider yourself aware. We on the forums are like the people from the Matrix who got out of the matrix and know that, that world is fake. Remember we aren't even supposed to know this device exists yet.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I've been thinking about waiting myself. Since my D1 is still working so well and it seems we're on our way to seeing some very interesting phones in October-December.

But I think what I've learned with the Bionic is that since we never know any solid information about a product until the month or two prior to it's release, playing the waiting game could be pointless.

I will say this, I'm glad I kept my OG for this long and didn't jump on any of Motorola's phones between the OG and the Bionic, as I don't think anythings been worthy of upgrading to. Now if the Bionic comes out in late September, then I may wait until October to see what's supposedly on the horizon. Plus this may result in the Bionic dropping to $199 by then as well, with some bugs worked out.

I personally don't like the look of the HD, the square corners don't appeal to me, but it's thinness is exactly what I wanted to see in my next phone.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I've been thinking about waiting myself. Since my D1 is still working so well and it seems we're on our way to seeing some very interesting phones in October-December. But I think what I've learned with the Bionic is that since we never know any solid information about a product until the month or two prior to it's release, playing the waiting game could be pointless. I will say this, I'm glad I kept my OG for this long and didn't jump on any of Motorola's phones between the OG and the Bionic, as I don't think anythings been worthy of upgrading to. Now if the Bionic comes out in late September, then I may wait until October to see what's supposedly on the horizon. Plus this may result in the Bionic dropping to $199 by then as well, with some bugs worked out. I personally don't like the look of the HD, the square corners don't appeal to me, but it's thinness is exactly what I wanted to see in my next phone.

I agree. I couldn't see myself getting any of the Moto phones between the OG Droid and this (I still wish I could have gotten the OG Droid). And yes, the HD probably won't appeal to everyone. As I've said before, I think it has an industrial look so that might not be everyones style. I personally just can't wait until October. I have to get a new phone before then which si why I'm looking forward to the bionic release and Samsung event on the 29th. I need options. But usually a month after, Best Buy or Amazon drops the prices on phones so check them out after the Bionic is released.

And I'm not sure why you can't get line breaks or paragraphs. Did you make that post from your phone? The new forums have a whole bunch of new features that allow for more detailed editting of posts so I'm not sure what the problem could be for you.

axlerod

Reaction score
Which TI OMAP processor is it? Depending on articles I know it is either the 4430 or 4440 but which one? I also know the gpu is the vr540 which will work with either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never even for a moment considered getting any phone between the OG Droid and the Bionic. None of them impressed me at all. I like that the Bionic is feature loaded and hope it's not too thick or heavy.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I'm fine with the specs. The only spec left that I'm still concerned about is the front facing camera. I really hope it's not VGA and it's at least one megapixel. It's not a deal breaker for me but it is annoying. I think VGA cameras should be outlawed; they make pictures look like garbage and not even worth taking. From now on the entire tech industry should all agree that it's 1 megapixel and up from here on out :icon_evil:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fine with the specs. The only spec left that I'm still concerned about is the front facing camera. I really hope it's not VGA and it's at least one megapixel. It's not a deal breaker for me but it is annoying. I think VGA cameras should be outlawed; they make pictures look like garbage and not even worth taking. From now on the entire tech industry should all agree that it's 1 megapixel and up from here on out :icon_evil:

I didn't exactly know how a VGA camera relates to a 1.3 MP camera, so I googled it... First result was "Waht is the difference between VGA camera and 1.3 megapixel camera?" I figured this seemed like a good place to look. Top rated answer:

picture quality ....clarity....
vga is vry basic........4 higher picture resolutions and clearer piks u upgrade 2 mega pixel cameras...and as d mega pixels increase d pik quality increases.
so 1.3 megapixel camera is better dan vga and 2 ,3 ,4 or 10 megapixel wd b better dan 1.3

I just died a little on the inside

devils3023

Reaction score
VGA camera should be fine. It is only used for video calling. Higher resolution isn't really needed since the feed will only be displayed on another cell phone screen. 1.3mp might have made for a slightly sharper picture but anything over that would just be overkill.

das2042

Reaction score
VGA camera should be fine. It is only used for video calling. Higher resolution isn't really needed since the feed will only be displayed on another cell phone screen. 1.3mp might have made for a slightly sharper picture but anything over that would just be overkill.

What about when your trying to take those inappropriate over the shoulder camera shots so you aren't getting caught?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums