For all with the infamous dropped data problem

rjd

Reaction score
This is the problem were your data connection drops and wont reconnect without rebooting the phone.

I was at verizon today because of this and the manager showed me an internal tech bulletin that addresses this problem. It states that the issue is software based and that replacing the phone will not correct it. Also, a software patch is due out sometime in November.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NinaBelle

Reaction score
Thank you for the info....can't wait till November!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FLNole

Reaction score
The problem is incredibly frustrating. As of about a week ago, my Bionic has been intermittently switching between LTE and 3g. This may actually be worse than before when I had to manually switch it between 4g and 3g. At least before, I knew I could not get a 3g connection in LTE/CDMA mode - but, now sometimes I get 3g if LTE is not available and sometimes I get nothing. I am now just leaving the phone in CDMA only mode so I always have a 3g connection. It is pretty ridiculous that Verizon and/or Motorola has not publicly acknowledge the issue and offer something to their customers. The least they should do is extend the return window and contract cancellation period until the supposed patch is released. I hope the November patch is not like the March 2011 release date for the Bionic.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
The problem is incredibly frustrating. As of about a week ago, my Bionic has been intermittently switching between LTE and 3g. This may actually be worse than before when I had to manually switch it between 4g and 3g. At least before, I knew I could not get a 3g connection in LTE/CDMA mode - but, now sometimes I get 3g if LTE is not available and sometimes I get nothing. I am now just leaving the phone in CDMA only mode so I always have a 3g connection. It is pretty ridiculous that Verizon and/or Motorola has not publicly acknowledge the issue and offer something to their customers. The least they should do is extend the return window and contract cancellation period until the supposed patch is released. I hope the November patch is not like the March 2011 release date for the Bionic.

+1
I was peeved last weekend when I spent it at my boyfriend's and was relying on my Bionic for all my internet needs. We were both looking up the definition of a word and while he was zipping through on his phone, I couldn't even get Google to come up because my phone was telling me there was NO internet service in our area which was crap because just two seconds before it was telling me I had 4G. I had to keep shutting the browser and cycling through Airplane mode to try to get it to reset. It's happened to me too often; what's the point in paying these exorbitant data fees when I can't even get a data connection when I need it?? I hope they get this problem fixed soon; my whole area is covered under 4G and I can't even get a piece of that.

donnycouchpotato

Reaction score
i actually had my phone replaced a week ago cause my rep told me it was a sim card issue. hahahaha. guess she didnt read the bulletin.