For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod. (apps not showing up)

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod.
For those of you having trouble seeing protected apps, I modified our fingerprint in the build.prop. What this does is spoofs the market into thinking its seeing a Droid 2 (with Froyo) It worked for me, let me know if it does for you.

1. Put build.prop into your AndroidSDK\TOOLS folder
2. Connect via USB.
3. CD (Navigate) in CMD to your tools folder

Copy and paste this

4. adb remount

5. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

6. reboot

To test before you push the build.prop fix, search the market for Us Bank. If only 2 or 3 show up, you are not getting the full market. After this fix, you should see 10 items listed when you search for Us Bank.

Hope this helps.

This can also be done via Root Explorer.

Thanks to Jcase for giving me the original idea way back when. I just basically applied his Eris Market Fix to work with our phones.

Download
New build.prop

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Worked for me. I wasn't even aware I was not seeing all market apps...

DangerMouse

Reaction score
How would you go about doing this for Root Explorer, for some reason I'm getting permission denied even though I have root access and su works fine.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Is that the build prop with the stagefright stuff still set to falso so videos work?

DangerMouse

Reaction score
Nevermind.. I got it installed via copying the file to sdcard and then cp'ing it over the original after pulling my original for back-up purposes in case of problems. It's working perfectly. Now seeing way more on market.

JMC1018

Reaction score
do i have to rename the file before copying it over? never mind i got it thanks

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Reaction score
videos work with them set to true; if you use Rock Player. :) Also end up with some extremely high quadrant values. 2257 was my last score. And I'm not over-clocked. Reading up enough information to find out if over-clocking is worth it yet.

imronburgundy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this without root? I cannot find the AndroidSDK\TOOLS folder using any types of file managers plus I don't have root access. It's been stressing me out as I can't download some of the premium programs I've already paid for. Thanks in advance!

validoption

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this without root? I cannot find the AndroidSDK\TOOLS folder using any types of file managers plus I don't have root access. It's been stressing me out as I can't download some of the premium programs I've already paid for. Thanks in advance!

AndroidSDK\Tools and ADB would be on your PC if you installed them and worked with them.

Without root access it is highly unlikely you will be able to modify anything in /system, which is where the build.prop is.

kylos

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting SDK to work, and I cannot get root explorer because my market is limited. Is there any other alternative to getting this done?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
easier way is to just install an app from market called "eris market fix - free"