FlexT9 Questions

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Ok, so I really like swype, but the voice dictation isn't very good and that's what I try to use when driving. So, as I look around and read posts, I came accross FlexT9 and it sounds like it does everything I need. Only problem is there isn't really a trial period, only the 15 minutes from the app store, which includes download and install time to evaluate.

So, I thought about it and didn't want to buy it for $5 to find out I don't like it. I then did a little googling and found an older version I could install for free. Great, at least I can evaluate with some fair time. And I have. I'm on 10.0.0 and parts of it are good like the voice recognition, but the tracing part the would or should work like swype isn't good at all. I'd be happy to buy the full new version 10.4.1 if I thought that they had corrected some of this.

Does anyone have any experience with the newer versions? Have they corrected the tracing part of this at all? Right now, the perfect combo would be swype with the dragon voice recognition as a partner.

Any thoughts or other programs to try?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i use the swiping action on Flext9 without any issues. i have ver 1.4.0

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Abe21599;[URL="tel:1733705" said:
1733705[/URL]]i use the swiping action on Flext9 without any issues. i have ver 1.4.0

Any chance you've used some of the older versions like 10.0.0? Just looking to see if you know that they've improved it. Right now it's a pale comparison to Swype which is too bad, because they're voice recognition is outstanding. It got a little better when I turned prediction down to low and then off, but I still get some crazy words when looking for short ones like it, the, then, and such. It's reading too much into what I'm trying to say I think.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nah ive had it since amazon had it as the free app of the day and i believe it was the same version.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
That's too bad, the voice recognition is outstanding, but the tracing is awful. I'm trying Vlingo's voice recognition paired with Swype right now, seems to be a nice combo.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have had flext9 for months, have tried numerous other keyboards and always come back to flext9 bc the swype is very accurate no matter how sloppy I am with my fingers and it is very fast.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

davidwilp

Reaction score
Been using Flex T9 for about a month or so. I love it. Played with trace when I first got it. Seemed pretty good. However, between the swype and the dictation I can't see why I would ever use the trace.

davidwilp

Reaction score
so You bot me curious what true this is done with trace . I guess it takes getting use to but seems okay. I hope this helps

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is trace the same as drawing the letters? I tried that when I first got flext9 but after using the swype feature, swype seemed so much easier and faster.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums