flashlight app?

thrashtrash

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a flashlight app for the LED flash on the DROID, something like the one available for the touchpro? or if there even is one or maybe in development.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I'd expect it to take a bit. THis bad boy just came out and if it can be utilized, it'll take a few days at least.

Zippster

Reaction score
Dam those led's are BRIGHT so this would be much more useful then simply brightening the screen.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
If there's not one out in a few days I'll start working on it Wednesday when I get a day off from work.

yearn

Reaction score
Im very interested in this also, I spent a long time last night trying to find one that worked without success.
Im looking forward to it! :icon_ banana:

OP
T

thrashtrash

Reaction score
come on!

HAS ANYONE MADE ANY PROGRESS ON THIS?? i really want this app!

Stigy

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE MADE ANY PROGRESS ON THIS?? i really want this app!

Calm down man, the phone has been out for three days.

I am sure someone will come out with an application soon.

Give it time, give it time.

Stigy

Reaction score
I just started looking at Android development so I am looking into this as well.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
hopefully its a beast light

Hopefully using it all the time won't burn out my Super Duper Mini LED's...

This is a beast LIGHT!!!!!! :icon_ goofy: (Ironic what he says in the end... I lol'd)

[video=youtube;BLFiOV8l_lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLFiOV8l_lo"]YouTube - Data's flashlights......[/video]

Reaction score
I was poking around at this in the sdk for a few hours yesterday. I was not able to get the light to "torch" in any mode, unless it was during an autofocus or snapshot. So unless there is a way to activate it like a notification led or something I think the camera driver blocks us.

I thought it would stay on during a video recording with the camera app, mine will not. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
T

thrashtrash

Reaction score
I was poking around at this in the sdk for a few hours yesterday. I was not able to get the light to "torch" in any mode, unless it was during an autofocus or snapshot. So unless there is a way to activate it like a notification led or something I think the camera driver blocks us.

I thought it would stay on during a video recording with the camera app, mine will not. Anyone else having this issue?

so what i deduced from this is that the camera drivers block us from accessing the controllers for the LED flash? if this is the case is there a way to possibly write an app over the camera and have the camera drivers running under the app framework? if that makes any sense?????? feel free to yell at me and correct me if i'm way off, i have never done anything with java or the sdk let alone know how to work eclipse