flashlight app?

PridgNYC

Reaction score
is it worth the $.99? Does it use the LED?

Only you can decide if having a flashlight always handy is worth less than the price of a cup of coffee. Yes it uses the camera LED's, with the added advantage of being able to turn those LED's on before you go into the camera app so you can use them for video recording. :icon_ banana:

Big D

Reaction score
I'm just glad it can be done. I'll wait for the free version. lol

Luxferro

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Just installed it. Wish it was a widget though!

Luxferro

Reaction score
Wish it was a widget though!

If you don't mind educating yours-truly, why? What's the difference between an app and widget? What's the net gain?

Thanks in advance!

- Mega

Basically, having access to your home screen w/o having to leave it.

It would just be nice to have the led icon for the app to be a toggle on/off, without having to go to it's own huge blank screen with just a on/off button in the middle.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Someone asked earlier if any potential damage could be done to the camera side of things. I'd say I doubt it..as long as you don't abuse it. The key would be moderation but I have not actually used the app.

Whoever has used this... enlighten us.

synctek

Reaction score
I just bought and tested it. It works! You can return to the home screen while it is on by pressing home - if you use the back arrow it will shut off. Also....the camera flash is much much brighter than the Led Light app makes it. Too bad, I was hoping for the full potential of those dual-LED's but at least they made one that works!!

synctek

Reaction score
To answer the camera question...I tried it with the camera - both video and stills. No issues with video and I think it will do for now (again wish it was brighter). If you use the still camera with it, the camera will take over the flash and works as expected. You will need to re-activate the Led Light app afterwards. The same is true for taking video.

yearn

Reaction score
LED Flashlight works really well, I hope the developer keeps developing this app.
I would love to see a Widget and the interface prettied up a little.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
just downloaded it - not bad for a "quick flashlight" I knew of friends with the Q who could do this so I'm glad I can do it now...brighter than the screen IMHO

Natolx

Reaction score
needs to be widget but still worth it.

Love the option to use it while videorecording

OP
T

thrashtrash

Reaction score
damn

all this hype and my bank account is overdrawn so no app for me :( i heard there was a free beta of this app floating around. if anyone has it could you please email it to me at [email protected]?? please help me out. I am seriously hopeing for a free version here soon

Vancelot

Reaction score
It is only .99 geesh!
This guy rushed to meet a need. At least we could give him a few bucks for his efforts.