LED Flashlight

thrty6

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up...
Took me a while to find this and I figured I should let you guys know...
Its a flashlight app that finally utilizes the LEDs on Android 2.0 (sorry no support for lower I guess)
Its called MotoTorch LED, I didnt make this app and I couldnt find a QR Code for it but do a search for it in the market and youll find it..and its FREE!
Heres the dev's blog, great job...

Eclipsed4utoo's Blog Blog Archive MotoTorch LED – LED Flashlight – My First Android Application

BTW you can find it by going to Apps, Tools and Just In...enjoy and donate to the dev!!

Doctor

Reaction score
I've had it for several days, and it's an awesome App. Not only does it turn on all the LED's for a flashlight, but it had strobe effects, as well as being able to send morse code using the LED's

OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
Thats a fact...forgot to mention that...I figured Id post it because its kinda a hard one to find and some might not know what its for even if they do see it :icon_ banana:

swbooking

Reaction score
Got this app last night (bought my phone yesterday afternoon), works perfect just like the light on my Tour. The Morse code part blew me away, I thought that was part was pretty awesome.

boputnam

Reaction score
This app is genius for me. :icon_ banana:

Soundguy too often apart from my minimag...

Droidette

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but would using this app alot burn out or use up the LEDs prematurely?

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but would using this app alot burn out or use up the LEDs prematurely?

LED's will never burn out unless they experience an over-voltage.

Now... Is their an app that turns on the little bitty light next to the charging port?

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
LEDs have a very long life span...I wouldn't worry about it. :D

volando

Reaction score
I couldnt find a QR Code for it

you're not doing it right, you generate the QR codes yourself by saving a bookmarklet (just a bookmark where instead of an address it's code) with the following code:

Code:
javascript:void(open('http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=300x300&chl='+encodeURIComponent(getSelection()+""||location.href),'Qr%20code','width=310,height=310'))

then whatever page you're on, just go to that bookmark and a window will pop up with your QR address code.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I just noticed this today. The app has a widget. Add the widget which acts just like the icon, but you hit it to turn the LED on or off. Very useful.

OP
thrty6

thrty6

Reaction score
Now... Is their an app that turns on the little bitty light next to the charging port?

LOL im not sure if there is an app for this, but im curious why would you need that???

kbrede

Reaction score
This is a great application. I've used several times now. I used it while working on my parent's computer, to hook up jumper cables to a car battery, etc.
Kent