flashlight app?

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have renamed the app from "CameraLED" to "LED Flashlight / Strobe" to get more visibility.

It's got strobe, tap, and a widget.

One more feature planned as well.

-niko
nikolatesla20, are you the creator? I have this app and use the widget, but for some reason it keeps force closing. This results in the widget not working. I have to open the app to be able to turn on the LED. Can this be fixed?

Yes, I made the other app. Not sure why it force closes for you (doesn't on my droid). You said the widget FCs? I can check into it when I get home.

Just remember everyone, you get what you pay for, free apps aren't always the best apps :) (nudges other LED coders that are now offering it for free...)

I would also like to point out a portion of the developer agreement, for reminder to other developers, of this fact:

Quote:

"Developers should only charge for applications and downloads from Android Market through the Market's Payment Processor. Developers may offer free applications as access points to paid services for which customers have registered and provided payment information. This should not be used as an alternative means to the Android Market Payment Processor to collect payment for usage of applications."

In essence, donation-ware or other methods of payment are against way the Google intends the market to function and could be a breach of contract, as it becomes a way to circumvent the processing fee, etc.

-niko

So is this a way for you to try to make your app look better?

The donation is not for payment for the application. It's for the OPTION to donate to continue the development of the application. Nobody has to donate. It's not a requirement to download the application, which is why there is a free version that is has all implemented features. The donation has to do with future services, not the application that is currently on the market. Therefore, it really has nothing to do with the developer agreement or Google.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
for anybody who bought MotoTorch, listen up....

I just tried it out. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I select the option to dim the screen. It keep the timeout on the screen at 1 second even after the app is closed. I have to go back into setting and set it back.

Nice app btw...

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score

I just tried it out. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I select the option to dim the screen. It keep the timeout on the screen at 1 second even after the app is closed. I have to go back into setting and set it back.

Nice app btw...

Do you have auto brightness checked? Settings --> Sound & Display --> Brightness --> Automatic Brightness checkbox.

I have found an issue with the process that I am using and having Automatic Brightness enabled. I am working on it now.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U

Nice app btw...

Do you have auto brightness checked? Settings --> Sound & Display --> Brightness --> Automatic Brightness checkbox.

I have found an issue with the process that I am using and having Automatic Brightness enabled. I am working on it now.

Yes I do. Sorry about the extra post. I just read that someone else had the same problem. Missed it....

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score

Nice app btw...

Yes I do. Sorry about the extra post. I just read that someone else had the same problem. Missed it....

No problem. It just further reiterates that the problem does have to deal with the auto brightness. Helps me know that it's not another issue.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U

No problem. It just further reiterates that the problem does have to deal with the auto brightness. Helps me know that it's not another issue.

I just tried to duplicate it again this morning. Now it resets the timeout back. Don't know what happened, but it works now. And auto-brightness is still on. :dunno:

synctek

Reaction score
Any word on whether the flash can be brighter?
That would be awesome!!

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score
Any word on whether the flash can be brighter?
That would be awesome!!

Motorola just released its own app called Droidlight. It is the same brightness as mine. So if Motorola, the maker of the device can't do it, I don't know how I am going to do it.

synctek

Reaction score
Just installed it - your right, same brightness. To give credit, your app is better.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just stopping by to give ya a bump. This is the best flashlight app. So glad to see the LED used instead of screen brightness.

Seems like there's always an update! Thanks!

NVash

Reaction score
On this Mototorch app, why is 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK' written in bold? Is the thing going to mess up my camera flash or something?

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score
Just installed it - your right, same brightness. To give credit, your app is better.

Keep an eye out. I installed it this morning to check it out, then uninstalled it. About 10 minutes ago, I see a notification popup saying that it had been installed successfully. Don't know how or why it would have installed itself again, but just something to keep an eye out for.

eclipsed4utoo

Reaction score
On this Mototorch app, why is 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK' written in bold? Is the thing going to mess up my camera flash or something?

Nobody really knows the consequences of using the LEDs like this. It could burn them out quicker or it could have no effect.

Also, the strobe light feature could cause some people to have a seizure. Its rare but it could happen.

volando

Reaction score
lol their version sucks, i just commented on it and plugged your program :)