First look at DC Cinematic Universe's Wonder Woman

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gal-gadot-s-wonder-woman-costume-breakdown-3c0001ce-f213-4af0-bc95-aceeb0d11fcb.jpeg

We get a first look at what Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman will look like in DC's Cinematic Universe. My question will be if she can act the part and can DC build a universe to rival Marvel's?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First+look+at+Wonder+Woman.jpg

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Narsil is cracking me up with that gif. But honestly, I think that DC could very well rival Marvel's universe if it's done right. DC is currently dominating the TV space while Marvel is dominating the Box Office. Over the period of the next few years, I wonder how many top box office records will be superhero films?

On the note of Wonder Woman, she's lacking the muscularity as well as the X factor that Wonder Woman has. I recently saw Hercules: The Thracian Wars; as soon as I saw the actress that played Atalanta, I thought, "She needed to be Wonder Woman."

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally i think she would be a fine Wonder Woman. She can do Action and can Fight. As far as the comment about not have the Comic Book Wonder Woman Muscle tone, There is so much time for his movie to start Production that she can easily work on that is need be. I just think they are trying to get as much Known Star Recognition as possible so everyone is like "Wow, look at everyone in this Film" and then you have Ben Affleck as Batman

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Said it before, I'll say it again: DC Sucks.
Always has.

Let's rattle off the good characters from DC:
Batman
um...
hmm...
Green Arrow was ok...
Ummm...
Green Lantern was ok til they stated adding *every color in the rainbow* Lanterns....

swc2001

Reaction score
Narsil is cracking me up with that gif. But honestly, I think that DC could very well rival Marvel's universe if it's done right. DC is currently dominating the TV space while Marvel is dominating the Box Office. Over the period of the next few years, I wonder how many top box office records will be superhero films?

On the note of Wonder Woman, she's lacking the muscularity as well as the X factor that Wonder Woman has. I recently saw Hercules: The Thracian Wars; as soon as I saw the actress that played Atalanta, I thought, "She needed to be Wonder Woman."
She is a beautiful girl...... That being said yes she does not have the muscle tone Wonder Woman is supposed to have..... Unfortunately there are two other VERY important features she is missing as well......
upload_2014-7-28_9-51-43.png

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
She is a beautiful girl...... That being said yes she does not have the muscle tone Wonder Woman is supposed to have..... Unfortunately there are two other VERY important features she is missing as well......
View attachment 72406

Two big blue eyes? Honestly, though. I am pretty upset she doesn't have blue eyes.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Two big blue eyes? Honestly, though. I am pretty upset she doesn't have blue eyes.

If she acts the part well and DC comes up with some creative writing and story arc using the character people will forget. Remember people did not agree with Heath Ledger being cast as Joker and now his portrayal is arguably the best comic book adaption of a villain on the big screen.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Said it before, I'll say it again: DC Sucks.
Always has.

Let's rattle off the good characters from DC:
Batman
um...
hmm...
Green Arrow was ok...
Ummm...
Green Lantern was ok til they stated adding *every color in the rainbow* Lanterns....
Don't forget superman. But I agree, besides batman and superman DC doesn't have any recognition factor.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I absolutely despise Superman.
The name alone makes me cringe.
I don't understand how a character that can't be killed, can't be hurt has every power under the sun managed to have enough stories for 40 odd years....

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I absolutely despise Superman.
The name alone makes me cringe.
I don't understand how a character that can't be killed, can't be hurt has every power under the sun managed to have enough stories for 40 odd years....

The reason why Superman is so well loved, is because not only is he Wonder White bread compatible, he also encompasses everything positive about American ideals (ex: the need to always do the right thing)

I can also see the other issues with Superman. It's like he is too powerful, and not really balanced against the other superheroes. In any real fight, where no one has an advantage (ie: Kryptonite), Superman is going to win. THIS alone makes him the most annoying.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also does not help that Superman was killed off.....urrr brought back from the dead. But then again so are a lot of heroes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I agree, she should have a stronger looking frame and at height 5' 9" it is going to be difficult to compensate for her stature convincingly, heels included. All tales I have read regarding Amazonian women, put them at least over 6'. We'll see, but BBT's Sheldon says they are "beefy gals".
big_bang_theory_the_justice_league_recombination.png

That said though, Jamie Alexander who plays Sif in the Thor movies is apparently only 5' 9" too. She just looks badass and appears taller in the movies, but I don't know if Asgardian women are supposed to be tall. Great camera work I guess.