Guardians of the Galaxy non spoiler review

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Meet-The-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg

I said it the other day but it just seems like Marvel is just printing money right now. If you are a comic book fan you will love this if you are like me and are familiar with the big names (ie Batman, Superman, X-men, Spider-man) because of the tv shows you will enjoy the movie though you may need to get familiar with some of the elements in the story line. But this movie did a nice job expanding the marvel universe and helping to help introduce the audience to a larger marvel universe beyond the heroes of earth. Marvel could have really struck out with this movie but the fact they took a giant swing, even knowing they had enough creditability in the bank to recover, and succeeded just put Marvel even further ahead of the race. DC is going to have to do a lot with their story to get their cinematic universe anywhere close to what Marvel has done. In fact the only thing about this movie I hated was the end credit scene. I am not going to spoil it but I will say that this end credit scene is not something that adds to the Marvel cinematic universe as far as important story so if you are at the edge of your seat waiting to see a sneak peek of Avengers 2 you will disappointed. Minus that I love the humor, mix of story, character development, and the way Marvel brought forth their large universe to the big screen. As far as ratings I give this a Full Price + as I will end up watching it again on the big screen.
I really recommend this movie but will warn that it has some crude humor and foul language for those taking the family. If you intend on taking your family and you want to know what kind of content to expect here is the link to imdb's parental content advisory (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg).

Feel free to talk about your love for the movie but please be respectful to others and avoid giving away spoilers or content. We will remove any and all spoilers posted here. If you would like a place to discuss spoilers please visit our spoiler section: http://www.droidforums.net/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-spoiler-filled-talk.272111/

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Went to see it Friday night and highly recommend it if you like this genre! I plan to rent it again once it comes out on BluRay.

tap'n on my S5

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Truth be told I thought the ending scene after the credits, because it was so random, went very well with the tone of the rest of the movie! I heard rumors that it was just for fun and it didn't really confirm or deny anything.

I'm not sure if it was just me, but I got the idea that a lot of Chris Pratt's lines were made up on the fly. What did you think? I had a lot of fun with this movie, I didn't think it was quite as good as Captain America 2 (that was Marvel's previously most recent, correct?), but I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Will probably be seeing it tonight. Was waiting to see if it was kid friendly and it appears to be.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw it Friday, and I think it will be the movie of the year! Amazing film from start to finish. It's full of whit, charm and even heart-warming moments (on top of the great action). Its perfect pacing, great editing, and excellent characterization, make for an unforgettable experience. I plan to watch it again and still buy it on BluRay when it comes out. Even my girlfriend wants to watch it again in the theater.