Godzilla Movie review: Non spoiler edition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

mPQS9GQ50orizoa6lf0cHQg.jpg
41sBvewpgpL._SY445_.jpg

This is a non spoiler review/discussion, those who already saw the movie and want to discuss potential spoiler filled plots see this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/of...bers-full-spoilers-movie-review-godzilla.html).

Those who grew up fans of the Godzilla franchise will truly enjoy this film as it does a good job bringing the legend to the big screen. Unfortunately it is slow to the action but when the action does happen it is an awesome sight. Fans of the franchise tend to be the group who are giving this movie a high rating. Personally I am not a fan of the franchise but did like the movie. Unlike Pacific Rim where the movie was full of action from the start this movie takes its time to set up the story. I personally gave it a 6 on Imdb., but as far as my DF rating system goes (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...e-review-amazing-spiderman-2-non-spoiler.html) I would give this movie a full price. The action, despite having to wait for it, is better viewed and experienced on the big screen.

Family Rating: This movie I would say is safe for young viewers who can handle the noise and seeing a large animal on screen. The language is mild with light cursing and there are very little to no scenes that will make you feel uncomfortable about viewing this with young viewers. Because this is based on my opinion I recommend either watching the movie first before taking a young viewer and/or referring to imdbs Godzilla movie Parent's guide (Godzilla (2014) - Parents Guide).

So grab your popcorn and enjoy. Catch us next week for our X-men: Days of future past spoiler and non-spoiler threads.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'd probably take my 8 year old to watch it. You can't put ear muffs on kids because they will hear cuss words everywhere, but I remind her that some words are for adults to use and for kids not to repeat and so far it seems to be ok. I know at school at her age cussing was rampant but as long as she doesn't use them at home or around other adults, what more could I ask for. We've also watched the show Faceoff on SyFy every season and she is aware of how movies are made, the make up involved and that what you see in a movie isn't real. Because of this she has been able to watch and enjoy movies that may be beyond her age normally but she loves them. The Hobbie was one of her favorites. We watched the making after and she liked seeing how they made Golem (spelling?). Shes a pretty level headed/logical kid. My son, hes 3 and won't be seeing Godzilla any time soon =D.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to take my kids to see it. I saw it over the weekend with the wife, and I was bored. I was hoping for Pacific Rim esque action, and it did not happen. Now, I saw the movie at 11:00pm at night, and my bedtime is usually around 9:30 - 10:00pm (I wake up at 5:00am everyday, give me some slack). There were times when I was on the verge of an unconscious state. When the movie finished, the guy sitting next to us was in deep slumber when the credits finally rolled.

However, I loved every scene where Godzilla was in it though. I saw it in 3D, and it was enjoyable, but not needed for most of the scenes. I hope to enjoy it more when I take the youngin's.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'd probably take my 8 year old to watch it. You can't put ear muffs on kids because they will hear cuss words everywhere, but I remind her that some words are for adults to use and for kids not to repeat and so far it seems to be ok. I know at school at her age cussing was rampant but as long as she doesn't use them at home or around other adults, what more could I ask for. We've also watched the show Faceoff on SyFy every season and she is aware of how movies are made, the make up involved and that what you see in a movie isn't real. Because of this she has been able to watch and enjoy movies that may be beyond her age normally but she loves them. The Hobbie was one of her favorites. We watched the making after and she liked seeing how they made Golem (spelling?). Shes a pretty level headed/logical kid. My son, hes 3 and won't be seeing Godzilla any time soon =D.

I'm getting ready to finish my Blu Ray Desolation of Smaug in a few minutes. This movie is absolutely gorgeous. I'm watching on my phone so I have no way to stream it yet. What I've seen so far puts any other Hobbit / LOtRs movie to shame both aesthetically and in the story and characters. I stopped watching last night during the escape from Legolas' king father. This guy is perhaps one of my favorite characters in the series even though he just supposed (well he was in Unexpected Journey but only for a moment and he didn't talk... Shame too cause this guy has style. You can also tell he's been king for hundreds of years with how he carries himself... He's awesome even is the the dwarves hate him for not helping them when Smaug first came.

As soon as Godzilla is released I'll check it out for sure. It's funny... A week before I heard there was a new remake coming I had a dream of looking out into the night sky and seeing this huge beast caustic chaos from seemed like 50 miles away... It was actually a quite eerie and surreal picture. I saw something about the new Godzilla a week later and one of the scenes I saw reminded me of the dream. Gotta see it just for that.