Finally bit the bullet...now, how to get stuff from OG Droid to Bionic?

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I wound up buying a Bionic (finally) after agonizing on whether or not to spend the money. Thanks to the poster who showed us the deal at LetsTalk.com ($175.99 shipped and keeping my current plan).

Anywho, now I have to figure the best way to get the stuff on my OG Droid to the Bionic (once it gets here). I've got the usual stuff, photos, texts, apps, etc. I have some apps from the MarketPlace and some from Amazon. I'm guessing I just go in there and download them again? Don't want to screw anything up.

What's the best way of getting the rest of my stuff on the Bionic?

Thanks.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used MyBackUpPro and it did well. Some people have swapped out the SD cards and reported that it worked but I wanted a fresh SD card.

You are going to spend alot of time doing it so just prepare yourself - the file system is beyond confusing but the Droid is fantastic.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I wound up buying a Bionic (finally) after agonizing on whether or not to spend the money. Thanks to the poster who showed us the deal at LetsTalk.com ($175.99 shipped and keeping my current plan).

Anywho, now I have to figure the best way to get the stuff on my OG Droid to the Bionic (once it gets here). I've got the usual stuff, photos, texts, apps, etc. I have some apps from the MarketPlace and some from Amazon. I'm guessing I just go in there and download them again? Don't want to screw anything up.

What's the best way of getting the rest of my stuff on the Bionic?

Thanks.

You can just swap SD cards for photos and videos.

For apps, just download everything from the market again on the Bionic.

Dont know how to transfer texts.. or if it's even possible.

nellj

Reaction score
Your apps should be tied to your google account and should download to the phone once you sign in. There's a good free sms/txt backup & restore app that I use called "Sms backup & restore".

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. With apps; I had to reinstall. While that was no biggy, the Market only showed the paid apps so I'll have to see what I want to reinstall by looking at my Droid.

As for other things, they offered to swap SDs, but what I did was copy the SD of my Droid to my PC and will transfer what I want to the Bionic.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Maybe I'll just copy the SD card to my computer then copy it over to the fresh SD card. That seems to make the most sense.

Only problem is I have a lot of apps on my SD card (I use App2SD). Wonder how that'll screw me up...

Thanks.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Maybe I'll just copy the SD card to my computer then copy it over to the fresh SD card. That seems to make the most sense.

Only problem is I have a lot of apps on my SD card (I use App2SD). Wonder how that'll screw me up...

Thanks.

Im pretty sure you'll need to re-download them again. Install them to the phone when you do. It has a lot of storage.. no reason to copy them to the sdcard IMO.