Getting new bionic - transferring my apps?

HorsePony

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some tips.
The 4g somehow got disabled from my phone. My fault, I believe. Only getting 3g now. Verizon rep checked it out, changed the SIM, nothing helps. So they've shipped out a new bionic for me this week.

I've decided not to riot my bionic. I like it the way it is for now. My question: I know google syncs all my contacts and such, and I can transfer all my photos and videos onto my laptop....but what about all my apps? Is there a method or app out there that will successfully assist in transferring all of my current apps onto my new phone when it arrives? Or do I have to individually download and configure all of them all over again?

Never had to do a phone replacement before, do any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jcwilliams

Reaction score
When you click on the green Android guy on the start up and setup screen the market should start to download all of your apps after you set up your gmail account.

jayman350

Reaction score
you will be able to re-download your apps, but all of your data is going to be lost. The only way to transfer app data is to root and backup/reinstall using something like Titanium Backup. Sucks there isn't another way.

lykofos

Reaction score
I just got a replacement this monday and went through this process. Took over 3hrs to re-download / re-configure everything. Mine didn't start DLing apps previously installed / bought apps from the market after I started up the replacement and logged into my account. I had to go into the market under "my apps" and individually click on / re-download every single app (very time consuming). I was also previously rooted, so after re-DLing all the apps, I rooted the replacement as well and used my TiBu back-ups to restore all of my app settings / game data / etc.

OP
HorsePony

HorsePony

Reaction score
Ah well, looks like I gotsta do it the hard way.
Thanks for the insight, guys! Appreciate it.