New bionic owner from og droid

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Ok so i just got my bionic finally set up and most of my apps and stuff installed and so far it seems to be a good phone. I have neen running the original droid overclocked with froyo and chevy simply stunning for over two years now and never really had any problems. I would get the ocational death freeze and habe to pull the battery, but only a few times. The bionic is very snappy. I have some problems though. First of all, i have wifi in my house, of course, and when i got home i noticed that my new phone automaticly connected to my encrypted network! Now how the freaking heck would my new phone know the password when no one told it what it was? If google is saving passwords for networks they are going to get sued!! My next problem is all the junk in the phone that they want me to buy. The popup adds are annoying and im sure will eventually lead to viruses. Ive had the phone randomly reboot once on me. It seems to have a few software issues. Maby someone can help me with my next problem. I cant get the select or screen lock noises to work. The volume is cranked but i get no sound. I like some of the updates to the system, but i miss my og droid!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Derekweb

Reaction score
Yes, the WPA passwords also moved from my Orig Droid to my bionic. I was also surprised that they had been stored on a Google server. I would not be as concerned if Google publicized this and also how they protected the info. But they do neither.

I was stock on the OD, so all this memory and processing has made the bionic much smoother. The OD was embarrassingly slow sometimes. Random freezes causing battery pulls and a broken headphone jack has me to get a new Bionic one on warranty. New one is better. I ignore the bloatware because I have installed so many apps and still do not need the memory. I get no pop us so I do not know what your issue is on this one.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Did you do any kind of backup before getting the Bionic? If so that data could be stored on your old SD card if that's what your using. And I have never seen a popup ad on the bionic, this must be an app you have installed.

As for the sounds, goto settings/sounds/media volume and make sure that and system volume are turned up.

scdown

Reaction score
From the Android 2.3.4 User's Guide, @ Android 2.3 - Google Mobile Help :

You can choose to back up some of your data, such as your bookmarks, your user dictionary, your Wi-Fi passwords, and many other settings, to your Google
Account, on Google servers. Some third-party applications may also take advantage
of this feature. That way, when you need to replace your phone (when you upgrade or
replace a lost phone), or if you reinstall an application, you can restore your settings
and other data. For information about changing this setting later, see “Privacy
settings” on page 374.

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I can't find much in the way of help on my other problems, so I will post them in here.
When the phone is plugged into the wall charger, the screen will not time out. Really annoying when you are trying to sleep, and you get a TXT message that turns the screen on and then will not shut off after! I can't find any setting anywhere to change screen settings while the phone is plugged in!! When I push the lock button on the top left of the phone, while it's plugged in, I get this really stupid annoying Corrosion tone that can not be turned off. It also plays the tone when the phone turns the screen back on because of txt messages or whatever. Anyone have any ideas?
I'm also still having problems with the lock and unlock noises, dial pad tones and selection noises. They just don't work! All the volume controles I have are turned all the way up and still no noise.
The popups I'm getting are little boxes in the bottom of the phone trying to sell me crap. I was able to turn them off in my old hacked droid.

wildride89

Reaction score
Geoff I had the same problems but in the same menu where you see usb debugging etc. There should be another option on there for screen awake and the option to turn it off. That's how I done mine. Also there is a menu in display that will let you make it turn off in 30 seconds to whatever. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Ok. I figured out the volume thing. I had to install a volume control app that gave me access yo the "system volume" not available in the phones controles. However the sounds are sometimes quiet and sometimes loud. Is there an auto volume adjustment on this thing somewhere?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok. I figured out the volume thing. I had to install a volume control app that gave me access yo the "system volume" not available in the phones controles. However the sounds are sometimes quiet and sometimes loud. Is there an auto volume adjustment on this thing somewhere?

I would recommend Quick Settings from the market :)

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
+ 1 to "quick settings" and I've no idea about the adds unless your talking about the ones at every bottom of YouTube videos? I've never seen any others.

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Ok. Figured out the screen on while charging problem. Its in settings, applications, development. I dont know why its in there, but it is!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Its auto enabled when docked to keep the alarm clock mode alive at your night stand.?. Also a bug sets it if you connect it to hdmi sometimes and due a fix in the forth coming patch/update.