Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sigh, Rom manager...

Yes, I'm a newbie.

I edit my last post and added a second question.
Can I use these steps instead of using ROM Manager?
Manual Android 2.2 Update for Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

No this is how you install a rom through clockwork recovery...make sure u have a backup before u do anything...download rom and gapps to your sdcard (some roms have gapps included already). Flash clockwork recovery>boot into recovery>wipe data and cache in rec>select install zip from sdcard>choose>find rom zip>install> do same for gapps>reboot

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you are going through too much trouble to do this, all you have to do is to boot into clockwork recovery. Wipe data and cache. Select install zip from sdcard. Then select rom zip file. Then tap power button to go back to main clockwork menu. Select install zip from sdcard again. Select Gapps file. Then reboot. Thats it.

Nothing is done through Rom manager except for flashing recovery and booting into recovery.

EdTheUniqueGeek

Reaction score
Wow. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
By your permission, I would like to post your update to my blog post. That is very useful information.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
By your permission, I would like to post your update to my blog post. That is very useful information.

Sure that is fine. There is a more comprehensive guide to installing Roms here Project Elite. It is for a different Rom that already has gapps bundled into it, but instructions are similar. Sapphire 2.0.2 is a great Rom, you will enjoy it.

gmpdmd

Reaction score
Hello all. This my first run at sapphire. Coming from MIUI. Flashed with SPRecovery. Wiped twice. Liking so far except...I can't download anything directly to my droid...kernels, themes, anything. Just keep failing after it tried do download. Thoughts??

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all. This my first run at sapphire. Coming from MIUI. Flashed with SPRecovery. Wiped twice. Liking so far except...I can't download anything directly to my droid...kernels, themes, anything. Just keep failing after it tried do download. Thoughts??

Did you install gapps right after you installed rom? This rom has google apps separate. Are you downloading from stock browser or something else?

sent from my rooted nook color

gmpdmd

Reaction score

Did you install gapps right after you installed rom? This rom has google apps separate. Are you downloading from stock browser or something else?

I did install gapps right after. Using stock browser. Getting an error of "content not supported on my device."

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

I did install gapps right after. Using stock browser. Getting an error of "content not supported on my device."

I'm not sure. Try dolphin browser mini or xscope free from the market. They will prolly work for that stuff. They are faster than stock browser too.

gmpdmd

Reaction score

I'm not sure. Try dolphin browser mini or xscope free from the market. They will prolly work for that stuff. They are faster than stock browser too.

I use dolphin on my tablet...so I'll give it a try...thanks for help. Loving this ROM otherwise. Can't wait for Gingerbread

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

I use dolphin on my tablet...so I'll give it a try...thanks for help. Loving this ROM otherwise. Can't wait for Gingerbread

Sadly this is the last release of sapphire. Its developer has joined cyanogenmod. There may not be much activity in this forum right now. The sapphire code has been picked up by others that will build upon his work. There is an upcoming team of devs called team phoenix and also davros has based his latest verson of project gimpsource on sapphire.