Few questions about Roms

McBowfles

Reaction score
I'm considering checking out the Fission Rom, but I want to know if there is a way to go back to stock if need be. Also, is Fission the most functional Rom at this point?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The way you get back to stock is by making a backup in recovery another restoring it when the need arises. As of now fission is the only Rom made for the global but team git r done has released a zip for flashing Droid 2 roms to the global so you have a lot more options.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
Are you referring to the Koush Bootstrap recovery?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's the one. Booting to recovery and go to backup/restore and do a backup.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
Ok. I installed Fission, but not it appears I have lost root. Do I need to re-root with with Z4?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The contribitionware of fission was nauseating when I tried it

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
I'm really liking it so far. Seems to run very smooth, and my 802.11 radio appears to be performing much better then before. The cellular radio still gives much better upload than download for some reason though...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm glad you like it! I tried all the roms available for the Droid 2 and in terms of stability the stock software is by far the best...atleast on my phone. The battery life on custom roms is noticeably better though, but to me stability is the most important.

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
I do have to admit that Motorola did polish off a lot of things that are very apparent when switching to a complete Google experience rom.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Well all of the roms for the Droid 2 except tanzanite and cobalt are built off of the Motorola build of stock. Back when I had my Droid 1 and the option of full aosp roms, issues with roms seemed to be much fewer, atleast for me. I think this is why I prefer stock on my Droid 2 - the absence of a stable Aosp rom for the Droid 2. Other than that, I don't notice any other major problems with the locked bootloader aside from being unable to flash kernels.

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get to Fission 2.5.5 by chance? According to their website that is the latest Rom for the global, but the manager only finds 2.4.3

OP
M

McBowfles

Reaction score
Why do you say that? Did Team Defuse stop developing this Rom?