uninstall fission rom

Reaction score
Well, I've been messing with my phone non-stop since I got it. Then I figured out I couldn't send texts, and was getting some texts 2 or 3 times, and some never showed up. I tried Fission to see if it fixed it, but it didn't, so I went back to stock. Then the problems went away, so I wanted to try Fission again, and things worked well, but I missed some of the Blur UI stuff, and my phone would reboot into CWM every time I rebooted it, which seems to be an issue for only some people, and nobody has offered a fix for it, yet. So I SBFd back to stock, and today I found out that the texting issues I was having were verizon's problem, not my phone, so I thought about going back to Fission. However, after some reading, it appears 2.4.3 is no longer available, and it was the only stable release for the D2G, so I'm back at stock/rooted/Bloat Frozen/underclocked(while screen off).... I'm honestly ok with it, until someone comes out with a ROM that works to my satisfaction. I get great battery life (2-3 days), the phone is snappy as hell and blows other phones away in benchmark scores, and does everything that I want, how I like...

draexo

Reaction score
Well, I've been messing with my phone non-stop since I got it. Then I figured out I couldn't send texts, and was getting some texts 2 or 3 times, and some never showed up. I tried Fission to see if it fixed it, but it didn't, so I went back to stock. Then the problems went away, so I wanted to try Fission again, and things worked well, but I missed some of the Blur UI stuff, and my phone would reboot into CWM every time I rebooted it, which seems to be an issue for only some people, and nobody has offered a fix for it, yet. So I SBFd back to stock, and today I found out that the texting issues I was having were verizon's problem, not my phone, so I thought about going back to Fission. However, after some reading, it appears 2.4.3 is no longer available, and it was the only stable release for the D2G, so I'm back at stock/rooted/Bloat Frozen/underclocked(while screen off).... I'm honestly ok with it, until someone comes out with a ROM that works to my satisfaction. I get great battery life (2-3 days), the phone is snappy as hell and blows other phones away in benchmark scores, and does everything that I want, how I like...

Pretty much where I am. rooted, frozen and underclocked. No idea on battery life yet since I made some changes today.

beezie

Reaction score
Right. And it worked for you, but not for me... That's what bugs are.
Too many complaints across too many forums about the only ROM that works for the D2 Global (Fission). I am sticking with stock, though I have rooted.

To be fair to Fission, I reinstalled it, and it worked fine. I'm actually flashing my phone again right now (third time), because I feel like it... I know, I'm a geek.

i'm probably off topic with this but what do you mean by "flashing" your phone? does that erase everything completely? here is my issue (i would GREATLY appreciate any one who can help!) i went from Fission ROM to UD ROM, just to try it out, and like a dummy, i unrooted my phone. Now the UD ROM is stuck on my phone and i've tried doing a factory reset but it still has the UD ROM on it, all the reset does is erase everything from my phone. I've also tried formatting my SD card, putting the update.zip for 2.2.1 on there and tried installing the update.zip. when rooted i was using Droid 2 Bootstrapper (love that app!) but since i'm unrooted, i can't use it.

I have tried endless times and endless ways of rooting my phone but it won't root. any suggestions?

Castro

Reaction score
i'm probably off topic with this but what do you mean by "flashing" your phone? does that erase everything completely? here is my issue (i would GREATLY appreciate any one who can help!) i went from Fission ROM to UD ROM, just to try it out, and like a dummy, i unrooted my phone. Now the UD ROM is stuck on my phone and i've tried doing a factory reset but it still has the UD ROM on it, all the reset does is erase everything from my phone. I've also tried formatting my SD card, putting the update.zip for 2.2.1 on there and tried installing the update.zip. when rooted i was using Droid 2 Bootstrapper (love that app!) but since i'm unrooted, i can't use it.

I have tried endless times and endless ways of rooting my phone but it won't root. any suggestions?

I'm assuming you've tried z4? Well if you do have the Droid 2 Global, then pretty much just download the sbf and RSDlite 4.9 to put your phone back to out of the box state and try and root from there.

Here's the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

beezie

Reaction score
I'm assuming you've tried z4? Well if you do have the Droid 2 Global, then pretty much just download the sbf and RSDlite 4.9 to put your phone back to out of the box state and try and root from there.

Here's the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/112313-official-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

no not global :( will those work for the regular d2? and when i try using the z4 it keeps asking me to turn on usb debugging. which is on. i will do some research. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :]

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Turn debugging off before running "Permanent Root" and let the app "see" you enable it. Had to do that on my manager's DX.

no not global :( will those work for the regular d2? and when i try using the z4 it keeps asking me to turn on usb debugging. which is on. i will do some research. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :]

DroidForums Junkie!!

draexo

Reaction score

Make sure you use "permanent root" when using the Z4 root mod.