WIFI issues with Fission?

aceperkins

Reaction score
Is anyone noticing WIFI problems with the fission rom? It seams my wifi doesn't work properly once I installed the fission rom and the Thirdeye theme. I tried rebooting the phone and uninstalling/reinstalling fission but still the same issues. I absolutely love the fission rom but I have currently gone back to Stock 2.4.33 untill this is fixed.

D

dankarlinski

there seems to be an issue running fission w/ overclock and the wifi signal/connection.

i personally have not had the problem. do you have the latest and greatest fission? see my sig for a link to FRM

OP
A

aceperkins

Reaction score
Yes, I was running Fission 2.4.3 but did not overclock my phone.

I tried setcpu at one point but don't think it has been perfected for the D2G yet. It actually seemed to slow down the response times in real use even though the bench tests showed it to be faster. I SBF'd my phone and tried Fission without setcpu and came accross the wifi issues still.

WIFI still worked but it would be extremely slow and sometimes drop and reconnect even when I was within an excellent signal range.

I tested 3 dif wifi networks to ensure it wasn't just my Cisco Linksys E3000 acting up. Anyone else notice any issues with their Fission D2G's on wifi? If so have you been able to fix it and how?dancedroid

Last edited:

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I have been on a few different Wifi networks since flashing over to Fission. I have not experienced any issues like the ones you are describing. Your issues might be compounded due to switching between 3G and Wifi when your wifi bounces. Since each time that happens you loose the existing data connection until the new one can take over.

OP
A

aceperkins

Reaction score
I thought of that, so I tested it while sitting 5ft away from my access point for a while and still the same probs.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
You can try taking a look at your Access Point's logs to see if it has any errors pertaining to your D2G. I don't think there is any way to look at the stats for the D2G wifi connection natively as they could indicate any issues with signal strength, resends etc. Your slowdowns sound a lot like resends due to errored packets.

D

dankarlinski

to make sure, you were using the D2G version of fission, not the D2 or DX, right?

mattv111

Reaction score
I had the same problem after overclocking. Restored my backup I did before overclocking then overclocked again and it works like normal

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jcl197

Reaction score
anyone find a fix for this, im having the same issue. i turned SSID broadcast on, and still the same problem. Wifi keeps disconnecting even if D2G is right next to router, happens with or without encryption. Didnt have these issues with stock rom.

DJBlue

Reaction score
I started a thread in the droid 2 rom fission section about this

and got 1 response... that's it, just one. Developer has completely ignored all of my requests for help on the matter. so it's not just the D2G, D2 with fission is having that issue as well...