pre-Fission ROM install questions (D2G)

draexo

Reaction score
Ok.
I rooted my D2G. I've messed around with it somewhat.
I am curious about trying Fission Rom (and one of the themes that is reported to work with Fission). I see reports of bugs, so I know it might not work.

I have the SBF and I am fairly sure I know how to use it, should something go wrong.

What I am not seeing mentioned are the answers to the following:

1. I have purchased 5 or 6 apps. What happens to them once I put on Fission. I believe they will be deleted, how do I get them back without repurchase?

2. I like my phone the way it is now. I am not understanding the Nandroid backup. If I try Fission Rom and I do not like it, can I just go back to the way things were as of now by restoring my Nandroid backup?

I do not want to go back to stock and then re-mod my phone. I like it now. I would prefer to go back to the way it is now should I not like Fission or keep Fission due to bugs. Is there a way to do this? Can I do this with Nandroid?

Thanks

tebower

Reaction score
Market Apps are linked to your Gmail account, so they will be restored. Make sure to install Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery apps before flashing Fission. Reboot into recovery and make a backup through the Backup and Restore menu. This will give you a restore point should you want to go back.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Market Apps are linked to your Gmail account, so they will be restored. Make sure to install Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery apps before flashing Fission. Reboot into recovery and make a backup through the Backup and Restore menu. This will give you a restore point should you want to go back.
So I can use bootstrap recovery to make a backup that will get me back to where I am now as opposed to going back to stock with the SBF file.

Correct?

IS that what people mean when they say Nandroid Backup?

gilmourd

Reaction score
Ok.
ieve they will be deleted, how do I get them back without repurchase?

2. I like my phone the way it is now. I am not understanding the Nandroid backup. If I try Fission Rom and I do not like it, can I just go back to the way things were as of now by restoring my Nandroid backup?

Thanks

Nandroid backup will make an image of your phone. If you restore that way, it would be like you never flash another rom at all. Titanium backup is another app that coudl be useful. This app backs up individual app and user data to the SD card. Say you backup your bluetooth settings with Titanium backup and then flash the Fission ROM. You could restore the bluetooth settings in Fission and there would be no need to pair with your bluetooth devices again.

tebower

Reaction score
Yes - the backup I described is what people mean when they say Nandroid backup.

It's a frozen snapshot of exactly how your phone is now.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Ok. I installed Clockwork Recovery and it made a backup onto my SD card. Now I can try putting Fission Rom on, correct? If I do not like it, I can simply go into clockwork recovery and restore from the backup.

Also, can I move the backup file off the SD card and store it on my computer?

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Here is my question.... what about those games I have? Is it possible to restore my progress after putting on Fission Rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

apollyon0810

Reaction score
OMG dude. Just freakin do it. You have the SBF and a backup made.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score

Yeah yeah.....

I do not want to loose my game progress. And really, the phone runs fine for me. Eventually I will get around to it. I've assembled everything I need.

gilmourd

Reaction score

Yeah yeah.....

I do not want to loose my game progress. And really, the phone runs fine for me. Eventually I will get around to it. I've assembled everything I need.

Titanium backup can save app data as well. If you did it right, you should have your game progress saved as well.

douglasman100

Reaction score
does fission work fine on droid 2 global like no problems (no sleep, camera/camcorder, ect.).