FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I like the Bionic, get it and it comes in 2nd to the GS2 in bench marks....so be it.

To be honest...right now I dont even use my phone enough to even notice or care what scores it get.

So folks wanting the phone with the best bench mark scores...get the GS2. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Maybe one of these days I will venture back into the Galaxy S 2 forums to see how the U.S. folks are doing.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heard at another forum svLTE is Voice and LTE data at the same time. I thought it was like the Thunderbolt...that can do Voice and 3G data I think...

portermac

Reaction score
Voice and Data over 3g. Well it keeps getting better by the minute. Now an unlocked bootloader for all of you rooters out there and we have ourselves the perfect Droid.
Oh wait, we still don't know about the fingerprint scanner. Damn!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heard at another forum svLTE is Voice and LTE data at the same time. I thought it was like the Thunderbolt...that can do Voice and 3G data I think...

To be clear...I didnt mean voice over LTE.

I meant voice over CDMA and data over LTE.

osirhis

Reaction score
This is how I see it...getting a Droid Bionic is like owning a Lamborghini...

It's fast...it's awesome....and it's pretty fun to play with...

...now if a Ferrari(in this case...the GS2) comes along and goes faster around a track than the Lamborghini...so what? You still have a freaking Lambo! It's cool in it's own right and you don't have to justify why it's cool. Because if you have to explain why you're Ferrari(or your GS2 in this case) is better, then don't you think you are kind of missing the point?...and making yourself seem like a jackhole in the process?

So in summary...so what if the GS2 has better benchmarks and an unlocked bootloader? The Bionic will be an awesome phone on it's own and guess what GS2 lovers?...most people won't care!

portermac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jroc
To be clear...I didnt mean voice over LTE.

I meant voice over CDMA and data over LTE.
___

Ok Im more confused. All LTE devices can do voice and data at the sametime if you are on 4G. What I was thinking you meant was being able to do it on 3G like the thunderbolt. Is that not what you heard?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's more like, your friend bought a Ferrari 3 years ago. You bought the newest Lamborghini today. You two have a drag race and he beats you and he leaves with the hot blonde you took to the track.

osirhis

Reaction score
It's more like, your friend bought a Ferrari 3 years ago. You bought the newest Lamborghini today. You two have a drag race and he beats you and he leaves with the hot blonde you took to the track.

If you have problems picking up someone with a three year old Ferrari, then I think the car you are driving is not the problem lol...just saying.

anuraj1

Reaction score

That prob won't happen because that Ferrari variant will have a Tegra 2 and will run like a pinto with a boot on it.

portermac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liderc

That could never happen. The Lambo has turbo boost(lte) and you are still waiting to see if you can fit it in your engine.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Well he has a point, the GSII does beat the Bionic already and it's been out for 3 months.

Bionic looks good, don't get me wrong, but the gs2 is still better in all ways except 4g LTE.

Not only do we not know if the U.S. GS2 will have a Tegra 2 or Exynos....now there is rumors the T Mobile version might have a Snapdragon....

Samsung Hercules confirmed as a T-Mobile Galaxy S II variant -- Engadget

Thank you, I was going to post that myself just to illustrate that the Exynos processor is NOT a guarantee in the U.S. market. There was speculation when the SGSII was first announced that it would possibly have different SoCs in different regions.

To summarize... we still have no idea what the SGSII will be like on Verizon, the Bionic has (I believe) one benchmark leaked on pre-production firmware, and people are claiming the SGSII smokes it despite the fact that the Optimus 3D (which likely has the same processor from the Bionic) holds it's own and beats the Exynos in multiple benchmarks: AnandTech - LG Optimus 3D Preliminary Performance - OMAP4 Tested

I'd love for somebody to post any credible benchmarks of the SGSII smoking the Bionic...and they better not be Quadrant benchmarks, which are totally useless and able to be duped.

Brandon

anuraj1

Reaction score
Well he has a point, the GSII does beat the Bionic already and it's been out for 3 months.

Bionic looks good, don't get me wrong, but the gs2 is still better in all ways except 4g LTE.

Not only do we not know if the U.S. GS2 will have a Tegra 2 or Exynos....now there is rumors the T Mobile version might have a Snapdragon....

Samsung Hercules confirmed as a T-Mobile Galaxy S II variant -- Engadget

Thank you, I was going to post that myself just to illustrate that the Exynos processor is NOT a guarantee in the U.S. market. There was speculation when the SGSII was first announced that it would possibly have different SoCs in different regions.

To summarize... we still have no idea what the SGSII will be like on Verizon, the Bionic has (I believe) one benchmark leaked on pre-production firmware, and people are claiming the SGSII smokes it despite the fact that the Optimus 3D (which likely has the same processor from the Bionic) holds it's own and beats the Exynos in multiple benchmarks: AnandTech - LG Optimus 3D Preliminary Performance - OMAP4 Tested

I'd love for somebody to post any credible benchmarks of the SGSII smoking the Bionic...and they better not be Quadrant benchmarks, which are totally useless and able to be duped.

Brandon

+1