FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Reaction score
Now back to the FCC docs did It really call the camera 6mp?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yes, and video recording at 720p...

I thought the Bio was going to have 1080p recording, am I mistaken?

Also, the only thing that would make the Ferrari better than the Lamborghini would be if the Lamborghini has the same crap camera that the Droid2 (Porsche?) has.

:)

portermac

Reaction score
Yeah it is weird how bits and pieces of the fcc docs are off. They may be just playing games with all of us on the forums. Im mean really, how many people accually will look at them in depth like we do. It fits with the Bionic saga we have come a custom to.

das2042

Reaction score
Well, what it means is there's a lot about this phone that I think we don't know yet. Otherwise why wouldn't moto just come out and tell us all the specs already, knowing the FCC docs were going to be unveiled today?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if we get the induction charging back piece? That would be so lame if they don't include it with the purchase. It's a huge feature for me, as I think it's a step in the right direction.

das2042

Reaction score
You know I really don't get the big deal about that. You lay it on a pad or you plug it in.

Immolate

Reaction score
Don't take this wrong, because I agree with you benchmarks are about worthless.

But, the GSII is over 3 months old now and it will be 4 months old by the time we get the Bionic and when the Bionic is released, the GSII will out perform the hardware in the Bionic.

A 4 month old device in a lower price range, beating a flagship device

The Bionic will probably be an amazing phone, I'll probably end up getting it myself to be honest, but we can't just ignore the facts.

The SGSII (that you will never have in the US on contract) is clocked 20% higher than the Bionic, and has similar RAM. The Bionic has 35% more pixels to manage. All things considered, I would expect the SGSII to be a lot faster than the Bionic, just as I would expect a console game on a 720p TV to be much faster than the same game on a 1080p if the game supports the native resolution of the TV. Who knows what the specs for the Verizon S2 will look like or when it will come out though. What we do know is that each of the US carriers are cooking up something that is unique to them and that is not the same phone that Samsung released in Korea three months ago. It'll still be an S2 just like the Droid X is still a Droid, but not the same phone at all. Seriously, look at the TMo Hercules. Hell of a phone, but not thin or sexy like the S2 we all know from a distance.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't take this wrong, because I agree with you benchmarks are about worthless.

But, the GSII is over 3 months old now and it will be 4 months old by the time we get the Bionic and when the Bionic is released, the GSII will out perform the hardware in the Bionic.

A 4 month old device in a lower price range, beating a flagship device

The Bionic will probably be an amazing phone, I'll probably end up getting it myself to be honest, but we can't just ignore the facts.

The SGSII (that you will never have in the US on contract) is clocked 20% higher than the Bionic, and has similar RAM. The Bionic has 35% more pixels to manage. All things considered, I would expect the SGSII to be a lot faster than the Bionic, just as I would expect a console game on a 720p TV to be much faster than the same game on a 1080p if the game supports the native resolution of the TV. Who knows what the specs for the Verizon S2 will look like or when it will come out though. What we do know is that each of the US carriers are cooking up something that is unique to them and that is not the same phone that Samsung released in Korea three months ago. It'll still be an S2 just like the Droid X is still a Droid, but not the same phone at all. Seriously, look at the TMo Hercules. Hell of a phone, but not thin or sexy like the S2 we all know from a distance.

Doesn't matter if it never comes to us in any version, it's still a phone released 3 months ago that out performs a flagship phone that's still yet to be released.

portermac

Reaction score
I didn't know you got your hands on a Droid Bionic. So it doesn't preform as good as the GSII? Wait, when did you get the GSII?