Droid Bionic At FCC's Front Doors?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
db2.jpg

It's been over a month now with many of us eagerly waiting the Droid Bionic. The device has been pushed back many times because of hardware issues, well it might finally be ready. The latest FCC fillings is of a device that apparently has EVDO and LTE 700MHz radios. Bluetooth, Wifi b/g/n, and inductive charging battery cover are also covered in this FCC fillings and considering the shape and design, the Droid Bionic is the first that comes to mind. This device went in with a cloaking device in the form of an agreement that keeps all the information about the device (pictures, manuals) privet until August 7th. Nonetheless, lets speculate till the fireworks go off.

Via: Androidcentral

Reaction score
Still not soon enough!! My d1 knows she is being replaced and is acting like a woman scorned :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Still not soon enough!! My d1 knows she is being replaced and is acting like a woman scorned :)

Funny you say that, my Droid 1 has been acting up for a month or so too. I think low RAM is the culprit. I have nearly all of my apps on my SD, but with the number of widgets I'm running and all the data for the apps there just isn't enough memory space anymore...time for an upgrade.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish Android Central's link would work. I want to see the FCC filing. But August 7th huh....looks like we have a time frame for the Bionic release.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
When did Droid 3 go through FCC? How long does it usually take from FCC filing to release?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having the same exact issue. My upgrade is nearly exactly Aug 7th.

Funny you say that, my Droid 1 has been acting up for a month or so too. I think low RAM is the culprit. I have nearly all of my apps on my SD, but with the number of widgets I'm running and all the data for the apps there just isn't enough memory space anymore...time for an upgrade.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Let me add to the Droid 1 owners who's beloved phone has been hanging by a thread for the last few months. I, too, am pretty sure it's due to low memory. My home screen regularly takes a good 20 to 30 seconds to refresh. My update will be available on July 7th and I'm not totally sold on either the Thunderbolt or the Charge. Come on Bionic, I need you!!!

Pmoser

Reaction score
Let me add to the Droid 1 owners who's beloved phone has been hanging by a thread for the last few months. I, too, am pretty sure it's due to low memory. My home screen regularly takes a good 20 to 30 seconds to refresh. My update will be available on July 7th and I'm not totally sold on either the Thunderbolt or the Charge. Come on Bionic, I need you!!!

Buy on the seventh either through best buy and you get 30 qua to exchange a phone by then bionic should be out
sent from the most " incredible " phone

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it's gotten progressively worse with Froyo and then GB. They've obviously done something to the memory management that is too much for the limited memory in the D1, unless maybe you run a stripped down home theme.

The overclocking does wonders. So does the lock home in memory (I set mine to 0, and redraws are pretty much gone but it sometimes takes a long time to return to the homescreen). Unfortunately, the tradeoff is I seem to have some services constantly being killed an restarting, which is a problem with my corp email.

but I've only got 3 months until my upgrade so I'm going to hold out. I'm using my tablet a lot more, so pretty much all my phone is for is email, calls and google nav, the occasional surfing. I really should strip the thing down to get satisfactory performance given how my usage has changed.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The alternative is to pay retail for the Bionic and then flip my upgrade on the latest, but I think that scenario may still end-up costing me $100 extra so I'll probably just wait.