Droid Bionic FCC Docs Show Pics and Manual Available Publicly Aug 7th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bionic-fcc-1.jpg

Here's another morsel of info regarding the "Coming Soon" Droid Bionic. Even though the FCC filing for the Motorola Droid Bionic was already reported previously, an eagle-eyed reader was pouring through the docs later on, and managed to spot something new. He found actual public release dates for the Bionic external pics and manual that were not reported earlier. These are scheduled to hit on August 7th, according to the FCC docs.

Keep in mind, it is possible that Moto could have the FCC hold those back even further if they chose to, but with all the other evidence pointing to the Bionic release being imminent, that is unlikely. This probably pegs the release date somewhere between August 4th to August 7th, which is right around when most of the rumors have suggested.

Source: Droid-Life

sqchram

Reaction score
Someone was saying that phones are always released on a Thursday. So would the manual be released before or after the phone?

Big Lou

Reaction score
I'm hoping to hear more information on the GSII within the next 2 weeks to make a more informed decision. I conveniently get to upgrade on August 4.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is this just now appearing on news sites? We figured this out over in the Bionic forums back when it passed through the FCC. Preach copied a post from someone in another forum that said there was a confidentiality agreement and it expired the 7th. That's why the initial guesses for release were around the 7th.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Why is this just now appearing on news sites? We figured this out over in the Bionic forums back when it passed through the FCC. Preach copied a post from someone in another forum that said there was a confidentiality agreement and it expired the 7th. That's why the initial guesses for release were around the 7th.

This information is more specific in that the photos can be released Aug 7th. Just another tidbit.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

This information is more specific in that the photos can be released Aug 7th. Just another tidbit.

Oh yes I agree. I thought the phone was going to come out before the confidentiality agreement expired but not I'm not so sure. Verizon hasn't done much advertising or release any details to the general public about the Bionic.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Verizon did post the new Bionic registration page. It would seem that Motorola/Verizon would make the FCC release date after their release date so they can control things. This points to Aug 4th.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon did post the new Bionic registration page. It would seem that Motorola/Verizon would make the FCC release date after their release date so they can control things. This points to Aug 4th.

Yes but the lack of advertising worries me. I wouldn't have known about the signup page if it wasn't for it being posted on here. I can't even find it without a search on the Verizon Wireless home page.

82DMC12

Reaction score
I was just at a VZW store talking to the guys working there. They were aware of the FCC thing but said they seriously haven't heard a single thing about the Bionic besides what everyone else knows on here. They said they heard something big is happening around the 4th/7th, but they don't know what.

As an aside, I checked out a D3. I can see what people say about the pixels on the pentile screen, but honestly it didn't bother me holding the phone at a normal distance. I was impressed by its snappiness and response to input. The keyboard is also much better than the D1. I will be considering the D3 along side the Bionic in a couple weeks if the Bionic actually comes out.

Andy

Vito.a

Reaction score
I was just at a VZW store talking to the guys working there. They were aware of the FCC thing but said they seriously haven't heard a single thing about the Bionic besides what everyone else knows on here. They said they heard something big is happening around the 4th/7th, but they don't know what.

As an aside, I checked out a D3. I can see what people say about the pixels on the pentile screen, but honestly it didn't bother me holding the phone at a normal distance. I was impressed by its snappiness and response to input. The keyboard is also much better than the D1. I will be considering the D3 along side the Bionic in a couple weeks if the Bionic actually comes out.

Andy

I agree. The Droid 3 is a great phone if you don't have 4G in your area. If both the Galaxy S2 and the Bionic come out next month, it will be a tough choice.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After having the Droid 3, I don't really see how people notice the pixels holding it that close to their faces to "see" the pixels? Everything gets blurry by the time you can notice anything. The only place I truly notice it is on the notification bar.. and I've had it 2weeks versus a 1 time trip to verizon to check it out. On the DX2 however, I can definitely notice and see what people are talking about.. but, oh well. I like it, I guess it's personal preference. However, don't take my words wrong, it's still not no Super Amoled screen(by the way, I actually prefer this screen to that anyway, it's not as vibrant or bright, but more realistic to me).

Anyways.. glad to see it's hopefully finally coming soon. Still, when the SII comes, I'll likely get rid of my Droid 3 for that instead. Especially if it gets 4G. But that's me.