FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't it say 8mp 1080 on the back of the phone? That's good enough for me.

Yes, but the fact that we got the manual, it is just a shame we got the wrong manual.

You guys are funny. It's not wrong. The manual is saying it takes 6MP pictures and 720p video because those are the default settings when you get the phone. If you want to take 8MP pictures and 1080p video, you just have to change the settings when you open the camera app.

Al Neri

Reaction score
Sept 8 is looking like the day which is perfect since I have to wait a month. By then the bugs will (hopefully) be all worked out.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I think they were implying that they wish that the inductive charging would be integrated into a dock and not just be in a mat laying on your desk...

That is a really good idea.
Here, I'll make one real quick and prop up a wireless charging mat at an angle ;)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Works fine for me... ???? Its DEF a 4.3" screen and 1ghz clocked processor.
Where does it say a screen size?
Looks a little tall to be a 4.3

capturenq.png
Looks shorter than my X2..hope you realize that it is on top of a separate docking pad.

Can I ask, what's the big deal of inductive charging? I don't see a difference between laying a phone down on a pad to charge and plugging it in..

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
y X2..hope you realize that it is on top of a separate docking pad.

Can I ask, what's the big deal of inductive charging? I don't see a difference between laying a phone down on a pad to charge and plugging it in..

Wireless. Convenience, ease of use in times where you just need to grab your phone and go. That's all.

coyote_5

Reaction score
Where does it say a screen size?
Looks a little tall to be a 4.3

capturenq.png
Looks shorter than my X2..hope you realize that it is on top of a separate docking pad.

I have a palm pixi plus right now and I can't tell you how much of a pain in the arse it is to plug in. I'm lucky I haven't fired it into the wall by now. I'm sure the droids are much easier, but I still welcome the ease of inductive charging and being able to just set it down on a mat. Maybe a minor thing, but it has value to me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the largest advantage of induction charging is you can keep your phone charged the entire day, without plugging in and unplugging between phone calls/texts.

So if you happen to head out that night, you're phones fully charged.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I think the largest advantage of induction charging is you can keep your phone charged the entire day, without plugging in and unplugging between phone calls/texts.

I text and make calls while mine is plugged in without any issue. And it stays charged, unlike when I pick it up off a charging pad to talk.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you able to get up from your chair and multi task while talking? No, you have to unplug it and plug it back in once you're done. Now you won't have to.

coyote_5

Reaction score

I text and make calls while mine is plugged in without any issue. And it stays charged, unlike when I pick it up off a charging pad to talk.

Moto is not forcing anyone to use inductive charging... HTH.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Are you able to get up from your chair and multi task while talking? No, you have to unplug it and plug it back in once you're done. Now you won't have to.
Well don't you need to have it on the pad for it to charge? So you still can't get up and walk around -.- It isn't like plugging it in/out is that hard. Takes less than a second. I guess it's just one of those "I'm lazy, make it better" things..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I'm not lazy. If you don't agree that it's a pain in the ass to plug in those stupid mini hdmi cables, then you're just lying to yourself.

I'm done convincing people that induction charging is the future, you probably have 14 apps that make what you do easier on your phone and you're telling me it's only laziness that warrants creating wireless charging.

If that's the case then anything created to make our lives better and less frustrating is because of laziness.

Someone who uses your sort of reasoning is just lazy.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, do you use GPS on your phone?

The only reason it was created was because we're lazy and can't read maps, you should remove gps from your phone.

Do you use email? It was only created because we're too lazy to write letters and mail them.

Do you use voice to text? Can we say lazy?

See where this is going?

Nimazahir

Reaction score

The only reason it was created was because we're lazy and can't read maps, you should remove gps from your phone.

Do you use email? It was only created because we're too lazy to write letters and mail them.

See where this is going?
I see this is going to become a flame thread.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

See where this is going?

Why must you guys always have to make a big thing out of nothing!!! If you have an cordless phone in your home it stays on the base when get a call you pick it up and talk on it when you finish you put it back on the base to charge.. You have been doing it for years why all in a sudden you guys are having a long discussion about the charging pad when you can do the same thing!!:icon_eek: