FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

faganm24

Reaction score
Where does it say a screen size?

This is taken from the Manual from the FCC Report..

2.jpg

shows nothing to plug on the right side but in the OP pics there's somethiing plugged in

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That appears to be the wireless charging pad that is plugged in.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Immolate

Reaction score
Works fine for me... ???? Its DEF a 4.3" screen and 1ghz clocked processor.
Where does it say a screen size?

This is taken from the Manual from the FCC Report..

I'm taking stuff from the manual dated 3/29 with a grain of salt. But some of the test photo documents show a specific measurement of the antenna of some number of millimeters which gave me a reference to do some Photoshop measuring. What I came out with was a 4.34" diagonal viewable area. At a 16:9 aspect ratio, the screen is going to look bigger because of its length.

COSam

Reaction score
Do they make docks that charge phones wirelessly? It would be nice to be able to just place the phone in a dock on my desk and not have to plug it in.

Immolate

Reaction score
Do they make docks that charge phones wirelessly? It would be nice to be able to just place the phone in a dock on my desk and not have to plug it in.

You know... that's a really kick-ass idea. I always hated "threading" my X on the cradle. I wonder if the HDMI port would frustrate that sort of thing. Also, did you notice the Bionic dock has three USB ports? I'm guessing that will require the direct connection to the micro USB socket as well.

COSam

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure USB docking and HDMI out would require being plugged in via USB. But would be super nice to have a dock that had wireless charging capabilities. It would be a little more convenient than a pad because it could be in Dock Mode and face outward.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

DaWolf85

Reaction score

Yes, it's called inductive charging, and will be available on the Bionic I think. Judging by the FCC report it has an inductive-charging battery door compatible with the Qi standard used by most chargers.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Im not sure if im ready to give up my Jitterbug..it really does everything i need it to.

-sent from dial up AOL on a pink iMac

Best part of this entire thread.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, it's called inductive charging, and will be available on the Bionic I think. Judging by the FCC report it has an inductive-charging battery door compatible with the Qi standard used by most chargers.

I think they were implying that they wish that the inductive charging would be integrated into a dock and not just be in a mat laying on your desk...

nikecar

Reaction score
shows nothing to plug on the right side but in the OP pics there's somethiing plugged in

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
as other say, its the pad plugged in. You can see the phone is at an angle, and so the plug is in the pad that is under it. They obviously have a hole under the pad where the cable runs through.

You know... that's a really kick-ass idea. I always hated "threading" my X on the cradle. I wonder if the HDMI port would frustrate that sort of thing. Also, did you notice the Bionic dock has three USB ports? I'm guessing that will require the direct connection to the micro USB socket as well.

Verizon is offering a deal now if you get a charging pad ($70) they give you the back battery cover ($40) for free. Its online now, but for certain phones.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
According to Motorola they did develop their own chip.

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!