FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
When induction charging works while just being in the same room with the base, then it may have more appeal to me.

coyote_5

Reaction score
What did poor lil' induction charging ever do to you guys? Kick your dog? Call your mom a ho?

My point being, why do you feel the need to complain about a function that is just pure value added benefit for those who want it, and does nothing to take away from the phone's functionality for those who don't?

Have you just run out of other things about the Bionic to complain about?

King_Bean

Reaction score
What did poor lil' induction charging ever do to you guys? Kick your dog? Call your mom a ho?

My point being, why do you feel the need to complain about a function that is just pure value added benefit for those who want it, and does nothing to take away from the phone's functionality for those who don't?

Have you just run out of other things about the Bionic to complain about?

Seriously. I'm not even a huge Bionic fan but I see no point in complaining about something you don't have to use (I haven't ready most of this thread so I'm assuming induction is an option aside from USB charging). If that's the case, why complain? (unless inductive charging sends out cancer-causing radioactive waves...lol)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I wasn't complaining nor was I bashing the Bionic. All I did was ask what the big stink about inductive charging was, but of course, someone blew it all out of proportions. Just like they did earlier in the thread.

Trust me, I'm not lazy. If you don't agree that it's a pain in the ass to plug in those stupid mini hdmi cables, then you're just lying to yourself.
No, I am not. It really isn't that hard. It takes less than half a second, it isn't like a locking pin cable where it would be a problem.

Let me ask you this, do you use GPS on your phone?

The only reason it was created was because we're lazy and can't read maps, you should remove gps from your phone.

Do you use email? It was only created because we're too lazy to write letters and mail them.

Do you use voice to text? Can we say lazy?

See where this is going?
GPS was first used in military services. When you're in the middle of the jungle or desert with bullets wizzing by your head, you really don't want to start looking for your position on a map.
Email, made for faster messaging not because of laziness. Do you really want to wait weeks on end to find out about a business deal? No, you don't (If you do, your lying to yourself.)
Voice to text, is pure laziness, and I don't use it because my accent knocks it off.

Insidious

Reaction score
This seems a bit troubling...From page 2 of the user manual:

Cool down
In very limited circumstances, such as where your
phone has been exposed to extreme heat, “Cool
Down” message screens will appear. To avoid possible
damage to your battery and phone, you should follow
these instructions until the phone is within its
recommended temperature range. When your phone
is in “Cool Down” mode, only emergency calls can be
made.

Just read that... not too sure how I feel about that. Could be a good feature to protect the phone unless it ends up having an over heating problem, then we may find ourselves getting used to say "Sure, I'll look that up in a minute after my phone cools off."

It's probably in cases like if you leave your phone on the dashboard of your car with the windows rolled up for seven hours in 100 degree sun and then you decide to do some web surfing on LTE.

And am I the only one that's astonished that the FCC is also completely incompetent on taking a decent picture of the damn phone? Does this phone radiate some sort of EMP field that shorts out cameras? What the hell . . . :icon_evil:

+1 haha does ANYONE have a DSLR camera?! Sheesh you'd think the fcc would have nice gadgets!

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

If you are in New York and have taken in a Mets game over the last week, then you may have walked right past this new set of ads featuring the one and only DROID Bionic. I’d say either someone forgot to cancel the 8/4 ad campaign or Verizon has realized that we already know all there is to know about this phone and are ready to start spreading the world to the general public. We have already seen galleries upon galleries upon galleries of the world’s first dual-core 4G LTE phone, but are still without an official launch date to mark on our calendars. Well, all signs are currently pointing to September 8 with a hopeful September 1 pre-order. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Via: Android Central
Via: Droid-Life