FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
One nice thing about that lip is it makes it less likely to accidentally hit those buttons on the bottom of the screen.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
On the FCC page the pictures are from one of the earliest build prototype test models. They are submitted early on but blocked to public eyes and later on after a certain date public can see them. So its safe to say the chrome border is not going to be on the release version, and also if you guys can see the power on off button is located on top right corner on the prototype, but on the user manuals it shows it being in the middle like the droid 3 and droid x. I wouldnt rely on the prototype pics as being what it will look like exactly, ive had a lot of experience with this whole prototype process and fcc documentation submition stuff its almost always the same outcome :)

Immolate

Reaction score
Some things I noticed.

1) The manual is from March. Other documents range from March, April, May and June. It is difficult to say which are accurate and which are dated, but we can assume the earliest documents are the least accurate, unless you believe that the phone hasn't changed since March.
2) There is an explicit measurement on the EX07A Test Setup Photos link of 74.97mm. Using this measurement to extrapolate chassis length and then comparing it to the hi-res front photo on the HAC Test setup photos yields a diagonal measurement of 4.34547". Because the manual is suspect, I needed verification.

Pretty cool info in any case.

das2042

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you said there...but I like it! I think

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I'm more interested in the ultra-secret futuristic dojo this think is being housed in, as seen in the OP pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Suuperflie

Reaction score
On the FCC page the pictures are from one of the earliest build prototype test models. They are submitted early on but blocked to public eyes and later on after a certain date public can see them. So its safe to say the chrome border is not going to be on the release version, and also if you guys can see the power on off button is located on top right corner on the prototype, but on the user manuals it shows it being in the middle like the droid 3 and droid x. I wouldnt rely on the prototype pics as being what it will look like exactly, ive had a lot of experience with this whole prototype process and fcc documentation submition stuff its almost always the same outcome :)

What pictures are you looking at?? The power button is on the top left, not top right. Also, the only reason the border looks chrome is because of the flash from the camera that took the pics. If you look at the top and bottom pictures, as well as a couple others, the color is clearly charcoal.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score

What pictures are you looking at?? The power button is on the top left, not top right. Also, the only reason the border looks chrome is because of the flash from the camera that took the pics. If you look at the top and bottom pictures, as well as a couple others, the color is clearly charcoal.

top left top right same thing, my point being its not centered. However one thing your not taking into account is that not all the pics will be of the same exact phone, each stage of pictures is from a different test model used for testing, they dont just use one single one for all the pics and test info, they will do all tests with different units all at the same time. Reason i say this is ive had a long history with prototypes and test models, and i know how its usually done. For example lets say this phone, they would generally have 5 test models, and from those 5, each will have minor differences like for example the chrome bezel, or one might have the button somewhere else, and the other maybe has a different coating or whatever, then they go off which serves better and then they go further into testing of that specific one and make more prototypes based on that. For a different carrier phone back in the day i came accross 7 different color scheme prototypes which all were the same model phone but different colors which they looked into seeing which would sell best. They do a lot of testing and market testing but ya. lol

Natey2

Reaction score
This seems a bit troubling...From page 2 of the user manual:

Cool down
In very limited circumstances, such as where your
phone has been exposed to extreme heat, “Cool
Down” message screens will appear. To avoid possible
damage to your battery and phone, you should follow
these instructions until the phone is within its
recommended temperature range. When your phone
is in “Cool Down” mode, only emergency calls can be
made.

Just read that... not too sure how I feel about that. Could be a good feature to protect the phone unless it ends up having an over heating problem, then we may find ourselves getting used to say "Sure, I'll look that up in a minute after my phone cools off."

This isn't a new feature of the Bionic. The Droid X has this as well, if not most other Moto phones as well.

What temperature does this occur at? I recall my DroidX still operating fine(?) around 124F.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Enter

Reaction score
Just read that... not too sure how I feel about that. Could be a good feature to protect the phone unless it ends up having an over heating problem, then we may find ourselves getting used to say "Sure, I'll look that up in a minute after my phone cools off."

This isn't a new feature of the Bionic. The Droid X has this as well, if not most other Moto phones as well.

What temperature does this occur at? I recall my DroidX still operating fine(?) around 124F.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.
I use to hit 138 regularly on my D1, no reboots but it was too hot to hold in your hand. Now my phone is so sluggish and I imagine it is from heat/overclocking. Honestly I can see the limit being a lot lower than that like 100-108, just sitting the temperature should be around 74 so the change in temperature is huge. Bootloops are annoyances but there are real dangers.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't look into the "warm warning" too much. As others have mentioned, it's built into almost every device to prevent damage. It's most likely mandatory now for the FCC, so it's just highlighted there for their performance testings.

Chips can take up to 130-40C fairly easily, so I'm sure you won't be hitting the max they've set unless you OC or volt mod + keep the device in a very warm place.

johnny9374

Reaction score
even if the gs2 has been out overseas for a few months it still smokes this thing already rooted running custom roms soon as it hits verizon im all over it

johnny9374

Reaction score
thats the last thing i heard but who knows to be honest i own a moto droid x right now but i doubt ill buy another moto product after learning what i have since owning it i want an unlocked bootloader so im going with the gs2 or im waiting for the newest htc to come out