FAQ for rubiX Focused. READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

sephtin

Reaction score
Hey, great ROM. Love it, super cool. I do have one quick problem and tbh I don't know if it's the ROM, or ADW, or something simple I'm overlooking. My home button no longer works. It wakes the phone up, so I know it's not a blown circuit or something but it no longer takes me back to the home screen. I can live with it I guess, but that's kind of obnoxious.

Any ideas?

Pretty sure this is a framework thing. I've had this happen to me.
(I never did figure out why... :S

When did this start happening. The fix for me, was to .sbf and reinstall (I needed to test, and wasn't willing to play around with it to figure it out.. :(

Easy way to fix quickly, is to go back to stock with maderstock, and then reinstall:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

GitmoLovin

Reaction score
Cool, I'll definitely do that. I'm a little gun shy about going backwards though. If I already have 2.3.340 plus rubiX Focused, do I need to SBF past 3.40 then flash that update? Or can I just use Clockwork to flash that maderstcok update.zip and be good to go?

sephtin

Reaction score
Cool, I'll definitely do that. I'm a little gun shy about going backwards though. If I already have 2.3.340 plus rubiX Focused, do I need to SBF past 3.40 then flash that update? Or can I just use Clockwork to flash that maderstcok update.zip and be good to go?

This update essentially flashes to 2.3.320, then patches and updates to 2.3.340 all in one patch. That update will take you to a clean 2.3.340, from which you can just root, bootstrap, and reinstall Focused... should fix your issue.

GitmoLovin

Reaction score
New interesting problem. I just sat down to start doing the whole maderstcok flash, and my phone isn't being recognized by my computer when it was previously. I'm getting the windows sound notifying me of a new plugged in USB device, and it shows a removable disk, but as soon as I click on it Windows prompts me to insert a disc. Tried multiple USB ports.

Gonna dig around and see if I have a SD card reader, I may be able to drop the update on it that way.

I have Windows 7, tried PC and USB mass storage. Nothing seems to work. USB debugging on, debugging off...

edit: I downloaded maderstcok directly from my phone, and that seems to have worked. The MD5 and file size are checking out so I think this should work.

edit2: Disregauard this post, I got it working. Rooting, backing up, and installing rubiX Focused now.

edit3: Everything works swimmingly! Thanks for helping.

Last edited:

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You say we can clean install over gummyjar2.5. Liberty is based on gummy, can I install without wiping over liberty? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You say we can clean install over gummyjar2.5. Liberty is based on gummy, can I install without wiping over liberty? Thanks!

In theory, that is correct. I still recommend a full wipe, just to minimize any issues that may occur.

If you do go through with no wipe, and run into any issues, a wipe will fix those issues.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Alrighty. I'm just done with the random lockups and reboots on liberty, and rubix is the only one I haven't tried. Best for last!

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't install google voice... or gmail. Or anything actually. The market isn't working.

sephtin

Reaction score
I can't install google voice... or gmail. Or anything actually. The market isn't working.

Ya, careful about installing Focused 1.9.7 over Liberty. Liberty 1.0 was based on Gummy 2.5, but Liberty 1.5 is a bit different.

A couple things to note:
Focused SHOULD install GMail and Google Voice on first boot! If they're not there, something didn't go right... (They're in /data/rubix/app, and on first boot the scripts should grab them and install them for you)...

If you're having Market issues, it's likely because of the version difference between Liberty and Focused (Liberty 1.5 came out well after focused 1.9.7..., and contains a newer market app).
To fix, you could try to grab the market app from Liberty, or just clear data/cache for the market app, in theory they both should fix the problem. if one doesn't the other will for sure. ;)

To clear market data/cache:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage applications> all tab> Market
Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data, try again.

HTH!

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just rebooted. Problem solved. Lol #fail

farsideny

Reaction score
Yet more FAQ'n info:

--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.

--When will the next version of RubiX be out?
When it's done. (TM Sephtin)

--Where are my social networking widgets? How can I get them back?
Those are aspects of blur, and as such are not included in the Focused version of RubiX. If you want them that badly, just install the Blurry version of RubiX or another blur-based ROM.

--Is this ROM overclocked/undervolted straight out of the box?
No. The ROM will be installed running at stock voltages at stock frequencies. However, JRummy's overclock script has been included via cpu.sh through terminal emulator, so you can apply your overclock or undervolt of choice. If you'd prefer to set it to your own settings, there is also a lowvolt.sh found in /system/xbin where you can do that. The Quickclock app, available for free on the market, courtesy of JPApps will help you determine which settings to safely use.

--Why do my Facebook pictures take a while to sync with my contacts list?
Not 100% sure on the why, but the way to speed this process up is to open Facebook and scroll through all your friends, letting each picture show up. Once you have done this once, they will be synced with your contacts list.
Forgive me but what do you mean by installed wrong version? what is the leak or non-leak versions of 2.01? Where can I dl them?

I installed the rubix focused 2.01 from link in instructions post.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yet more FAQ'n info:

--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.

--When will the next version of RubiX be out?
When it's done. (TM Sephtin)

--Where are my social networking widgets? How can I get them back?
Those are aspects of blur, and as such are not included in the Focused version of RubiX. If you want them that badly, just install the Blurry version of RubiX or another blur-based ROM.

--Is this ROM overclocked/undervolted straight out of the box?
No. The ROM will be installed running at stock voltages at stock frequencies. However, JRummy's overclock script has been included via cpu.sh through terminal emulator, so you can apply your overclock or undervolt of choice. If you'd prefer to set it to your own settings, there is also a lowvolt.sh found in /system/xbin where you can do that. The Quickclock app, available for free on the market, courtesy of JPApps will help you determine which settings to safely use.

--Why do my Facebook pictures take a while to sync with my contacts list?
Not 100% sure on the why, but the way to speed this process up is to open Facebook and scroll through all your friends, letting each picture show up. Once you have done this once, they will be synced with your contacts list.
Forgive me but what do you mean by installed wrong version? what is the leak or non-leak versions of 2.01? Where can I dl them?

I installed the rubix focused 2.01 from link in instructions post.
This is outdated. It says from Focused 1.9.0, when there were 2 different froyo versions people ran, the official OTA (which was 2.3.15 at the time) and
the 2.3.320 leak.