FAQ for rubiX Focused. READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

er0wid

Reaction score
Question, when I go to apply ROM's or themes or anything that requires an install from SD card, after doing the data/cache wipes and going to do the actual install; my files always get frozen on the "installing update" bar...any idea what's going on? Trying to install Rubix with no success.

sephtin

Reaction score
Question, when I go to apply ROM's or themes or anything that requires an install from SD card, after doing the data/cache wipes and going to do the actual install; my files always get frozen on the "installing update" bar...any idea what's going on? Trying to install Rubix with no success.

No problems reading anything else from your SDCard? Could be the card...
Could also be bad downloads, but I doubt it, since you mention it's multiple files.

Maybe try resetting Clockwork recovery? Try the second method listed here (I know you're having a different issue, but may fix it):
Help I've lost ClockWork recovery, my phone just reboots back into android

antilogic

Reaction score
Looks like 1.9.5 has some new transitions for dialog boxes. Can these be changed or removed? I'm not a fan.

sephtin

Reaction score
Looks like 1.9.5 has some new transitions for dialog boxes. Can these be changed or removed? I'm not a fan.

Think you can remove transitions in SpareParts, which should be included.. ?

DMFA

Reaction score
I don't think Spare Parts was included out of the box...I had to download it from Market. Still fixes transitions and compatibility mode, though. I had seen in its comments section that it wasn't working for some people's machines, but zero issues for me with it and 1.9.5.

Quick question, not nagging/begging: how's the HDMI progress coming?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
Spare parts WAS included out of the box. BUT, it was put onto /data, and installed during the first boot.

IF you wiped data AFTER installing for any reason (didn't follow instructions, or boot looped because of a bad data/cache clear and had to wipe data afterwards).. then you didn't get spareparts installed as normal.

HDMI Not part of 1.9.7 from what I've seen.

Boucher187

Reaction score
Yet more FAQ'n info:

--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.

Does anyone know where I can get the Rubix 1.9.0 (2.3.15) Non Leak? I just realized that this is why when I upgraded to Rubix 1.9.5 I was having MP3 and Camera (Media Issues)

Boucher187

Reaction score
--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.

Does anyone know where I can get RubiX 1.9.0 (Non Leak) for 2.3.15? (link to download please??? I installed 1.9.5 over 1.9.0 and had horrible MEDIA issues.

sephtin

Reaction score

Does anyone know where I can get RubiX 1.9.0 (Non Leak) for 2.3.15? (link to download please??? I installed 1.9.5 over 1.9.0 and had horrible MEDIA issues.

Can do one better...
Install this:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

Then install 1.9.5, and you'll be updated and all set to go. :)

sephtin

Reaction score

GitmoLovin

Reaction score
Hey, great ROM. Love it, super cool. I do have one quick problem and tbh I don't know if it's the ROM, or ADW, or something simple I'm overlooking. My home button no longer works. It wakes the phone up, so I know it's not a blown circuit or something but it no longer takes me back to the home screen. I can live with it I guess, but that's kind of obnoxious.

Any ideas?

Boucher187

Reaction score
Hey, great ROM. Love it, super cool. I do have one quick problem and tbh I don't know if it's the ROM, or ADW, or something simple I'm overlooking. My home button no longer works. It wakes the phone up, so I know it's not a blown circuit or something but it no longer takes me back to the home screen. I can live with it I guess, but that's kind of obnoxious.

Any ideas?

Try ADW settings - General Behavior - Home Button Binding....set the home button default there. I think that might be it.

GitmoLovin

Reaction score
Try ADW settings - General Behavior - Home Button Binding....set the home button default there. I think that might be it.

Tried all of those, no dice. At least not without a reboot. Gonna reboot it real quick and see.

edit: Yeah, no change. Everything seems to be working fine except for the home button not taking me home.

Last edited: