faint, solid red light displayed on notification light

dbb6666

Reaction score
Woke this moring, unplugged the phone and found my phone is displaying a faint, solid red light as the notification light. What does this indicate? Have been having one or 2 reboots a day recently.

Thanks
Don

Spankdefault

Reaction score
Woke this moring, unplugged the phone and found my phone is displaying a faint, solid red light as the notification light. What does this indicate? Have been having one or 2 reboots a day recently.

Thanks
Don
I've had that too, and I have no idea what it means, but it's only happened to me once and my phone seems fine. I've had this phone since November of 2008.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Do you have the in-pocket detection turned on? It causes a very dim red light to be turned on.

OP
D

dbb6666

Reaction score
In pocket detection is off.
It seems that the light has something to do with the opening of the keyboard. The light has disappeared after about 24 hrs except when I open the keyboard.
I just opened and closed my phone and then it rebooted. The light was again visible for about a minute.
I opened the phone, the light became visible, then the phone rebooted again.
Phone appears to function normally as long as I don't open keyboard.

MasterChris

Reaction score
What I know about that red light is that it's an "in call" indicator.
If you make a call it will light up.
Also, apps like Blip(walkie-talkie) can cause it to turn on. When you enter a conversation in blip it gets turned on and will not turn off(even if you go back to home screen) unless you open the conversation and press back to go to your contacts..
I hope this helps! :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
Does it come on in safemode? turn off your phone open keyboard hold S on keyboard when phone is booting, it will load android with default stuff. if its not on then an app you have is triggering it.

allikanbe

Reaction score
The only time I've noticed the faint red light was when my battery was VERY low like 5-10%. I recently bought an extended battery that wasn't charged and the light was on and the battery was at 5%.