Black Screen Problem Help

Crhonos

Reaction score
So I tried searching for something similar and the first few threads I found were of no help.

So basically I pulled my phone out of my pocket and hit the power button and the screen seems like it faintly lights up, like you can tell on the edges that there's a light, but its very faint. The 4 buttons light up and don't work, and same with the keyboard. Ive tried going into the menu when you hold down x and the power button and just the screen turns on but its black. If i let the phone boot up after a while everything turns off, and then I also notice my notification light is working, so I turn it back on only to be back at step one. I would not like to have to go to the verizon store as this is my second droid, just wondering if there are any other possibilities to fix it that i have missed?

Thanks in advanced guys.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I actually sounds like a fried lcd screen.. if i'm right you would need someone to replace it for you and it would be either Verizon or a private tech..

OP
C

Crhonos

Reaction score
Hmm this actually does now seem more likely, now that i remember the past few days it wouldn't light up fully, and I was thinking it was my light sensor. Sometimes I would also have to press the power button multiple times to get it to come on.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Well if eventually it doe's come on it might be just some loose contacts between the screen and the motherboard, either or though you need someone that can dig in..