Failing on switching from SB to Clockwork

catsartcox

Reaction score
Failing on switching from SB to Clockwork [Solved]

All i can find is the other way around. I am trying to use ROM Manager, And it says it is installed and i have the latest version, but when i reboot into recovery its still SB, I Would like Clockwork, Because it seems thats what i need to use Rom Manager and it seems like a upgrade.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
catsartcox

catsartcox

Reaction score
I am running BB .01, With Froyo. If that is a factor.
I am trying to do this to get to .02.
I know i can do the update.zip method. But if i can get this to work. It seems like this would be a better option down the road.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In ROM manager there's an option to flash clockwork. Did you do that? One thing to remember any sprecovery backups are not compatible with clockwork and vice versa.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
catsartcox

catsartcox

Reaction score
Yes, That is what i am doing....
It says I have 1.8.1.8 and all the option are there so ROM manager thinks i have it.

But when i reboot it still looks like SBRecovery and it even says welcome to SBRecovery nothing about CLockwork.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok in rom manager go to the option to flash sprecovery, flash it then reflash clockwork see if that helps.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in rm press menu delete cache then uninstall and reinstall rm. then reflash c/w recovery.

OP
catsartcox

catsartcox

Reaction score
Well i did what you said...Cleared the cache then uninstalled both Rom and the premium add on. Then reinstalled and flashed it again. So my phone boots up normally . But it won't boot into recovery. I push "X" or press the option in Rom manager and the phone hangs there on the screen with the Motorola logo.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup, now in RM flash sp recovery, reboot phone, then reflash c/w mod.
this happened to me the other day.
if this does not work in rm (if paid) use the older c/w in the experimental section.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just as an outside observer guys, and you know I'm not as smart as the RS people are, I have to say there seems to be an issue with using ROM Manager. I just see too many people having problems. SPRecovery gave me no problems at all.

Again, I'm just reporting what I'm seeing in the forum. Lots of issues.

OP
catsartcox

catsartcox

Reaction score
Thanks! The problem is solved. I am very appreciative of your help.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
seems to be related to a corrupt download often. when RM updates I usually flash sp then back to c/w as a habit. takes 5 seconds and seems to help.
only time I forgot to do it I had this happen :lol:

roberj13

Reaction score
Just as an outside observer guys, and you know I'm not as smart as the RS people are, I have to say there seems to be an issue with using ROM Manager. I just see too many people having problems. SPRecovery gave me no problems at all.

There have been a lot of issues posted about ROM manager and clockwork recovery. First I will mention that my name is not Koush so I don't make any money from ROM Manager.

First, each developer is responsible for his own section. If uploads are bad, links wrong there will be problems.

If any individual developer changes his/her sections manifest file and formats it wrong, I.E. forgets a comma or has one where there shouldn't be, there will be an error.

There has been problems with CW not flashing (I have had none) remember that this recovery image is still "young" so Koush actively updates it. Every time it updates it obviously has to reflash, which creates an opportunity for something to go wrong. Unlike SPRecovery which hasn't updated since I've had the phone.

That said clockwork is much superior in my use for one main reason. It will install a zip without having to rename to update.zip.

Just wanted to throw out the main reason I think you see comments of trouble is that people have to reflash with updates unlike flash once and forget SP.

I have to use both since I need to make sure my stuff has to work both but I don't really have a preference other than the update.zip renaming annoyance.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the real beauty is that we have 2 options available.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There have been a lot of issues posted about ROM manager and clockwork recovery. First I will mention that my name is not Koush so I don't make any money from ROM Manager.

First, each developer is responsible for his own section. If uploads are bad, links wrong there will be problems.

If any individual developer changes his/her sections manifest file and formats it wrong, I.E. forgets a comma or has one where there shouldn't be, there will be an error.

There has been problems with CW not flashing (I have had none) remember that this recovery image is still "young" so Koush actively updates it. Every time it updates it obviously has to reflash, which creates an opportunity for something to go wrong. Unlike SPRecovery which hasn't updated since I've had the phone.

That said clockwork is much superior in my use for one main reason. It will install a zip without having to rename to update.zip.

Just wanted to throw out the main reason I think you see comments of trouble is that people have to reflash with updates unlike flash once and forget SP.

I have to use both since I need to make sure my stuff has to work both but I don't really have a preference other than the update.zip renaming annoyance.

That being said, how difficult is it to rename a file? To me it's just so simple.