Would like assistance with installation of CM, please.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I am switching from UD to CM..downloaded Rom manager, flashed clockwork, downloaded and installed the latest version of CM. However, for some reason, it didn't install google apps for me (I checked yes), so I was wondering if one of you could tell me how to install that manually? And also, every time I start up my phone, Rom manager doesn't recognize I have Clockwork flashed..any fix for that? Thanks

Reaction score
So I am switching from UD to CM..downloaded Rom manager, flashed clockwork, downloaded and installed the latest version of CM. However, for some reason, it didn't install google apps for me (I checked yes), so I was wondering if one of you could tell me how to install that manually? And also, every time I start up my phone, Rom manager doesn't recognize I have Clockwork flashed..any fix for that? Thanks
well i dont know about the everytime not recognizing it but after you flash a new rom you'll have to "reinstall" clockwork even though its really still there, since you have to reinstall rom manager you gotta tell it to put clockwork back on (even though its already there)

as far as it not installing google apps, i recommend reinstalling the rom and seeing if that fixes the problem.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem is, it keeps telling me i need the newest version of Rom manager. But I don't have the Market app to download the updated version in the first place.

RoLa

Reaction score
Try this zip, place on the root of sd> reboot into recovery> install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>scroll the sdcard until you find the zip file...(no need to rename or extract) gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for your help!

droidresha

Reaction score
ok I'm a noob, and have had my moto droid for 1 1/2 years aand have finally decided to root it and install a rom.
used superoneclick to root and rom manager to get CM7 did the install I think and now it boots up to the skateboarding droid and nothing.

what do I do now to get it past this?

droidresha

Reaction score
ok I'm a noob, and have had my moto droid for 1 1/2 years aand have finally decided to root it and install a rom.<br>used superoneclick to root and rom manager to get CM7 did the install I think and now it boots up to the skateboarding droid and nothing.<br><br>what do I do now to get it past this?

droidresha

Reaction score
ok since I posted 2 times here i and a BIG NOOB BOOB

ok had to pull battery to reboot, no change
then I pulled the battery and started while pressing x and did a factory restart and reboot
for some reason this kicked it in its lil ass and now it has booted up in CM.