facebook

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
has anyone figured out how to just sync existing contacts and NOT your hole facebook page?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
If so, u have to go to contacts, display options and then facebook and uncheck the box. Also there is syncmypix in the market for free that syncs ur pics to ur facebook

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Install the Facebook app from the Market and sign in to it. Do not use the add account "Facebook" option the phone gives you.

When you sign in to the app it will ask what to sync (all contacts, existing contacts (this option), or no sync). Existing contacts will only sync the accounts on Facebook that already exist in your phone's contact list.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
On the droid 3, it does not do what u are stating. There is no option for this, the one and only way to do this is the way that is stated. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
1. Open Contacts
2. Press Menu
3. Press 'Display Options'
4. Under 'Contacts to Display', go through each account and 'unckeck' those you do not want displayed.

Bob

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
ok right after I posted this I figured it out but passed out b4 I could post it up lol you have to add your facebook account threw the accounts then go into your contacts>menu>display options>and you will see facebook under "choose contacts to display" and if you tap it a drop down comes and UNCHECK display all contacts and it will automatically just display you existing contacts with facebook i did it b4 I went to bed and it is still working gr8 so shouldn't be a problem for anyone else....hope this works for everyone

REMilk

Reaction score
ok right after I posted this I figured it out but passed out b4 I could post it up lol you have to add your facebook account threw the accounts then go into your contacts>menu>display options>and you will see facebook under "choose contacts to display" and if you tap it a drop down comes and UNCHECK display all contacts and it will automatically just display you existing contacts with facebook i did it b4 I went to bed and it is still working gr8 so shouldn't be a problem for anyone else....hope this works for everyone

This is different from your original post of syncing facebook with contacts. What you actually wanted was not to display the "Facebook contacts" with your "Gmail contacts". I answered your original question as stated.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
no the question was to NOT sync ALL the contacts from facebook just to sync with existing contacts and the way I stated above is how I found out how to do it