Anyone figure out how to manually add facebook info to a contact?

NAMELESS

Reaction score
I "hid" a contact in facebook by accident..Is there a way to "unhide" it? I have him in my fb friends and as a regular phone contact ..But I can't join them because he's "hidden" in FB !?!?

volando

Reaction score
thanks for this thread... i was wondering this very thing, figured there'd be a way... i never got past the "you can't edit facebook contacts" screen :)

edit: wait, the sticky method is different from that "join" idea on the first page which worked for me? what's the advantage of doing it that way rather than joining a fb account with an existing phone number contact? erasing that contact seems like more work...

Last edited:

carlo71

Reaction score
Guys i also found a solution to the contacts that wont display a list when you click JOIN . I found that all you have to do is find the unsynced contact, edit it , and delete just the name and email so all you have is the phone number . Then save it , and all you have to do is click on the contact ( which will be displayed as a phone number ) and choose join and it will bring up your entire contact list. So you dont have to memorize or write down someones number ;) . I did this for the 4 contacts that didnt sync properly !!

shep18

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a facebook profile picture synced back up with a contact in my list. I deleted a contact on accident and when I add them back as a contact they do not seem to be syncing back up with facebook and I try to go into facebook and click on there picture and I get nothing to pop up. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Wrenbjor

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a facebook profile picture synced back up with a contact in my list. I deleted a contact on accident and when I add them back as a contact they do not seem to be syncing back up with facebook and I try to go into facebook and click on there picture and I get nothing to pop up. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Try this. It's ment to re-sync but if you follow the last half it should work fine.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/2619-facebook-manual-sync-solved.html

eplant

Reaction score
I am long pressing on the contact photo as described and nothing happens....

tnlimey

Reaction score
Same here, one contact will not pop up the window when long pressing the picture.

Itamar

Reaction score
Same problem here. I accidentally hid a contact and now I can't get it to sync up. Long pressing the photo in the FB app does nil. Help? Anyone? Bueler? ...

tnlimey

Reaction score
I found that if you log out of facebook on you phone (it deletes all your facebook contacts), log back in, it recreates all your facebook contacts and then I pressing on a picture, it did what it should

willmiller82

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. I deleted a facebook account from my contacts but am now trying to re-add the contact and have it sync with there face book page. I went into there FB profile as well as the search page and long clicked, short clicked and every thing in between and I couldnt get a different box or menu to open up. any help would be much apreciated.

willmiller82

Reaction score
Ok this is how i fixed the problem. First creatthe contact with the persons name and phone number. then Open the facebook app and go to the home page ( the page that asks for friends, photos, profile.... hit the menu button and it will ask you to refresh or log out, choose log out. This will unsync all your contacts. Then just log back in and it will ask you if you want to sync all friends, contacts only or none. Choose sync contacts only and it should work fine. I also went into the setting for the actual phone and under "accounts & sync" i turned off and turned back on the face book sync but i think i didnt really need to to do that, it didnt hurt anything. Hope this helps