How to Disable facebook contact syncing?

bigyeah

Reaction score
I have a Droid X 2.2 v 2.3.340 and just recently installed LauncherPro Plus. After the install I noticed that all of my facebook contacts are now synced into my "Contacts". I do not have the official facebook app even installed on my phone. I disabled the facebook widget within LP to update only manually and cleared the cache but I still cannot seem to get rid of the facebook contacts. I checked my google account to make sure that the facebook contacts did not store there, and they have not. When I go into the contact settings and choose "Display group" and pick and choose each group manually I cannot get only the facebook contacts to appear. They only appear if I chose the "All Contacts" group. When I view a facebook contact it says it is linked to the "contacts" group. How do I disable and delete the facebook contacts? I am assuming this issue is caused by LauncherPro Plus?

bdearborn887

Reaction score
DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE.

if you wish to remove your facebook contacts from your droid, follow these SIMPLE steps...
-press your menu button on the home screen
-select settings
-once in settings, select "accounts & sync"
-scroll down to "facebook" and select it
-select the "remove account" option
-YOUR FACEBOOK CONTACTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED!

~this does not remove the facebook app from your phone, it only removes contact information.

this is the correct way to remove the facebook contacts, its obviously clear that this forum is not reviewed by the administrators, for incorrect or misleading information.... hopefully i have saved a few people from doing the unthinkable and factory resetting their phone.... hope i helped whoever read this far into this forum.

~Bdearborn887

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The app should have an option to disable contacts sync. I haven't used it in a long time but contacts sync was the first thing I disabled whenever I installed it.

vaishali

Reaction score
very nice post,
Open Address Book and drag down to preferences in the upper left. Click Settings, and accounts. you should see there is tililuettelosi collaboration with Google, or the profile of Palm. You may need to click on it and enter your login information on Facebook. If not then the bottom is "Add Account". You can add information to Facebook.
Thanks for sharing the nice post.