DROID syncing with Facebook

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
It's great that the DROID syncs with Facebook accounts and adds their profile picture to the contact on your phone. It's also great that it does the same thing with your Google-Chat icon. But how does it know which to choose? and can you set it so that it will choose one over the other?

When syncing contacts with the Droid using Facebook, how does the DROID know to link a phone number with a facebook account if there is no facebook account listed on the Facebook page? Does it look at names? E-mail? Both?

And why do some contacts sync with Facebook but some do not?

Does anyone here know?

Thanks in advance.

bennyj

Reaction score
From what I understand, Facebook looks in your contacts(the name MUST be spelled the same way as the Name is on facebook)by name and syncs. If the names dont match exactly, it wont sync up.

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
From what I understand, Facebook looks in your contacts(the name MUST be spelled the same way as the Name is on facebook)by name and syncs. If the names dont match exactly, it wont sync up.

But there have been times when a name will match Chris (in my phone contacts) with Christopher in my facebook friends.

TomN

Reaction score
Doesn't it also look at email addresses and phone numbers?

Reaction score
I've noticed that my phone will not recognize a person if their name doesn't match up to how it is on facebook. I have a friend who's name on facebook includes her husband's last name. Her picture did not show up until I added that other last name. Then within seconds it updated.