Facebook update

iRanduMi

Reaction score
Hey guys, running here Sapphire 1.0 along with the revolution theme. I've spent quite a bit of time searching around the forums but can't seem to find a solution for my problems.

1) Facebook won't update 1.3.2 - it'll say "the package file was not signed correctly"

2) The time is absent from the top right corner. It just appears to be a blank space where the time should be. Reinstall the theme maybe?

Also, a quick note. I understand that once I update the facebook app, it'll most likely undo the theme of the widget. Is there a way to retheme it with the revolution theme or am a out of luck until the dev does?

Thanks!

Apologies in advance if I somehow passed recent threads with solutions to these problems.

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
1) How are you trying to install it? You'll need to get the theme developer to update the latest version.

2) Is it missing or the same color as the bar and hidden?

Last edited:
OP
I

iRanduMi

Reaction score
1) I'm simply attempting to update the facebook app through the market and that's the error I receive. Any others having problems with this?

2) It's the same color. When I go to the GEM settings I can adjust the color but it won't make a difference. I've simply chosen to keep it absent via the settings as I can check the time on Beautiful widgets. Was just an annoyance of mine.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
2) It's the same color. When I go to the GEM settings I can adjust the color but it won't make a difference. I've simply chosen to keep it absent via the settings as I can check the time on Beautiful widgets. Was just an annoyance of mine.

After making changes in GEM settings, you have to reboot for them to take effect. If you choose to remove the clock completely, it won't even take up any space.

OP
I

iRanduMi

Reaction score

After making changes in GEM settings, you have to reboot for them to take effect. If you choose to remove the clock completely, it won't even take up any space.

Yep, understand that. Either way, when the clock is 'supposed to be' present, it's not - no matter what text color I choose. Either way, I'll just hide it so there isn't a gap between the battery % and the right border of the screen. No biggie.

I still have yet to figure out why I can't update facebook though... =(

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yep, understand that. Either way, when the clock is 'supposed to be' present, it's not - no matter what text color I choose. Either way, I'll just hide it so there isn't a gap between the battery % and the right border of the screen. No biggie.

because its in System/app you must remove it completly then install the new version!

OP
I

iRanduMi

Reaction score

because its in System/app you must remove it completly then install the new version!

Can I simply delete it via Astro or do I need to use the terminal? and just to be sure, I'll still be stuck without the theme - correct?

drandroid

Reaction score
ditto

I'm having this same issue and was wondering how to fix it....

[update]

I just used root file explorer to delete it and trying now to see how it goes...
seems to have worked of course its not themed anymore whatever im just glad i could finally upgrade it.
thanks bgill for the tip

Last edited:

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
For those running TB, can you uninstall it from there? We had issues with Maps not updating in the past, which we had to remove it via the terminal/command prompt.

It is as if the updated version of facebook is trying to reference a value of some sort that the current facebook file is missing resulting a unsigned driver error.