Latest Facebook update and Droid Bionic

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Since the recent Facebook update my bionic has been having the toughest time trying to get through a 'Status Update' process without falling apart. The first issue is sometimes the keyboard won't show up, secondly Caps won't be present - when the keyboard shows up it'll show up in lower-case first. I have to tap the comment area to get the keyboard to start off in Caps. Then sometimes while typing the letters don't' show up. I'll have to delete (back-space) to start at the beginning because it'll think the invisible words are still there. Then auto correct suggestions by the keyboard app will randomly appear.

This is only with Facebook. Whether on Dolphin Mini, the default browser app, or the Facebook for Android app. And with any keyboard app or default app (swype or other?)

Btw, I am not liking the Bionic Swype update. I much prefer the one from my Droid X, is there a way to get that one back or will the Bionic not "handle" it? for incompatibility reasons???

Anyone else having issues like this? Today, Oct 1st is my last day to return my Bionic for a refund - and possibly wait for the Samsung or Nexus

Thanks for your time.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
sounds like a Facebook issue, not a Bionic issue.
have you tried going into app manager and clearing the Facebook cache and then uninstalling/reinstalling?

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Now that I've stepped away from this for a while, I am thinking it's more the facebook page and the mobile side of the code is not optimized enough.. i'm just surprised I am having issues with this. Issues that mimic a "slow-down" sort of feel. ..being it's dual core, etc.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, read the reviews in the Android Market on the Facebook app update. EVERYONE hates it - and that includes all different phone types.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
It's like that even when going through dolphin mini and going with 'Android' for User Agent

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Remember, the phone has duel cores but can only use them as the software dictates. Crap in crap out, lol... Did I mention I can't stand Facebook regardless, haha.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I use Friendcast, infinitely better than the official appp. You can even like comments!

Edit - I also hate FB, but in my generation it's almost essential if you want a decent social life. Lame...