"Facebook is not responding" and other problems

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Almost daily, I get a popup on my Bionic stating that "Facebook is not responding" and asking me if I want to close the program. This happens for many other programs as well. Usually if I hit "wait", it'll just unfreeze on its own. I don't usually have many apps running simultaneously.

This is a launch Bionic, never rooted, and currently on ICS. It has been very sluggish after the ICS update, and I already factory reset the phone after updating (I also cleared the cache).

I'd really rather not factory reset again if I can avoid it. Is there anything else I can do to fix this? I am almost to the point where I'll buy a new phone, even though I'd rather wait until the summer when some newer models (with hopefully better battery life) will launch

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While it may not be a real fix, you might use another FB app like FriendCaster. It's very quick on loading. You could also clear the cache again.

josh1980

Reaction score
I remember reading about 6-9 months ago on a study of the most resource using apps on Android and iThings of the top 100 apps. The worst offender was Facebook. It used an insane amount of battery power, used alot more data than it needed to, and wasn't optimized to minimize CPU usage. The other bad one I can think of off the top of my head was Angry Birds.

The article recommended ditching the Facebook app for FriendCaster, but the article said that even switchings apps doesn't solve the inherent problem with the Facebook framework. Facebook apps really require constant calling home to stay up to date, and as more features are added to Facebook you can only expect this to get worse.

I refuse to use any Facebook apps or Angry Birds(the others were stuff I had never used and never would so I didn't bother to remember them) because they're such problem laden apps.

nomadh

Reaction score
Late To The Party But I Have The Exact Same Issue. Facebook Was Mentioned And I Also HaveThat Issue But Also Many Other Apps And The Issue Comes In Waves. It Also Has The Issue With Google Play And 5 Or 6 Others. Usually Right After Each Other.
itIt Only Happened RecentlY. It May Be Connected To Cleaning Up Notifications As At Least 2 Of The Apps Complaining Had Notifications Turned Off.
The Key Issue That Perhaps The Op SkippedmMentioning Was That None Of TheaApps Stopped Had Been Or Should Of Been Running.
Any ideas

Human_Droid

Reaction score
I know this is a fairly old thread but briefly uninstall all Facebook updates and disable it. Your phone will feel like a new phone, much faster. I've done this numerous times just to see if I wasn't crazy. Try it for yourself. And uninstall the FB messenger app too

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know this is a fairly old thread but briefly uninstall all Facebook updates and disable it. Your phone will feel like a new phone, much faster. I've done this numerous times just to see if I wasn't crazy. Try it for yourself. And uninstall the FB messenger app too
There are still loyal bionic owners out there and it's great to see members like you still giving advice and support.