Facebook app wont update

DanSan

Reaction score
Been having this problem for weeks with facebook. I dont get any notifications or anything from facebook and i cannot download the update from the market. im running 1.1.1 on my droid right now. everytime i go to update the app it downloads and then says, "package not signed correctly" when it tries to install it.

anybody have suggestions? ideas? comments?

Itamar

Reaction score
I've got the latest version. Sometimes it flakes out, but lately it's been behaving properly.

jennikatz

Reaction score
I'm getting a FB error that says... An error has occured while fetching data [4/applicaion request limit reached]... Any ideas on that one?

sik

Reaction score
I'm getting a FB error that says... An error has occured while fetching data [4/applicaion request limit reached]... Any ideas on that one?

Im getting the same error all of the sudden as well worked fine this morning...hopefully updating it!!!!

Switchback

Reaction score
yup I am getting that same "An error has occured while fetching data [4/applicaion request limit reached]... "

Not sure, was on it earlier and then all of a sudden, I even tried a reboot of the phone, no avail.

Edit:: I went to the Market and seen the facebook reviews, Everyone is having issues with this now.. hahaha

Itamar

Reaction score
+1 me too now. FB mobile still works fine from the browser, but the app is experiencing problems.

neemo6

Reaction score
Im using the factory installed app, mine has had issues updating for a very long time. When I go into notifications in the app, there is never anything new. Even though I have received emails an notification at the info bar at top of the phones screen that i got a message, friend request or whatever it might be. Should I be using the app that is in the store on not preinstalled or are they the same thing?

lakerfan82

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if you are using the factory installed facebook app, do updates automatically get pushed to it or do you have to download the latest from the market? I can't tell what version my factory installed facebook app is...

smrivera80

Reaction score
Im using the factory installed app, mine has had issues updating for a very long time. When I go into notifications in the app, there is never anything new. Even though I have received emails an notification at the info bar at top of the phones screen that i got a message, friend request or whatever it might be. Should I be using the app that is in the store on not preinstalled or are they the same thing?

I am using the factory installed app, as well. I believe that this app and the one in the market are the same (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). As far as notifications are concerned (and sometimes Newsfeed updates), I always click the menu button and then Refresh. That will update the page with any new notifications or Newsfeed entries. I don't know which version of the app I have, nor do I know if the updates are done automatically.