Facebook notifications not notifying

Magdroid

Reaction score
In the original app, just hit notifications, then the menu button, then refresh. Sure, you only get the notifications when you open the app..but who wants bugged every 5 min anyhow. :)

C4NNIBAL

Reaction score
The app only sends notifications for certain things like pokes, friend requests, and like two other things I believe.

sportadic22

Reaction score
anyone get the following message when u try to check notifications? "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]"

I get that error alot..right when i get that.. i just use the web mobile version of facebook. i seem to be constantly going back and forth between the app and the website to get to what i want. both versions have their flaws and pros..

the only notification i get is when i get "POKED" by someone.. other than that i am just having to check for my self every 30 mins to and hr.. if i am waiting for something.

hope facebook comes up with solutions soon. or droid.. whoever fault it is.

Echo3

Reaction score
How about those of us that have only one e-mail account linked to their Facebook account?

Just about to take the phone back to Verizon. This "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]" error is BS.

You're not the only one. Everyone is affected by that from what it seems. It's been down for the day and on the Facebook for Android page on FB, a lot of people were reporting that as an issue. Some speculate it's got to do with the new FB update for the iPhone that's causing the error. Our phones are OK, it's FB that is causing the issue.

texas outlaw

Reaction score
In the original app, just hit notifications, then the menu button, then refresh. Sure, you only get the notifications when you open the app..but who wants bugged every 5 min anyhow. :)

Ummm, guess you don't have the bug yet. Lots of Droid users are getting the parser error and the notifications do not download.

xjman349

Reaction score
I get my notifications after getting rid of Advanced Task Killer.

dtyrewilliams

Reaction score
That error is on the facebook side I do believe. I use bloo which I feel works better than the native app because it notifies you of comments and such. There is no true full working facebook app yet for Android. I have to agree even the BB facebook app is much better. I use a combination of the native app, bloo, and touch.facebook.com

Chigga311

Reaction score
I get that same exact Error Message.

I just created a thread bytching about that and half of my phone not working. grrr

JohnDoeJohnDoes

Reaction score
I'm using Advanced Task Killer.
Do I need to get rid off it for notifications/widgets to update/work?

Turtlenorthwest

Reaction score
What is touch.facebook.com?

As someone else said, it is the mobile web version of Facebook. If you enter facebook.com in your Droid's browser, it will automatically go to the touch.facebook.com page.

I quit using the app and only use this web version. It works for me, but if a good app comes out, I would be happy to use it.

DroidBourne

Reaction score
Yeah I have been getting this error for two days now...really sucks. I've had this phone since Novemeber like most of yall and this is the first problem I've had with this FB app. :icon_ nono2:

maddyfacepants

Reaction score
I am also getting that same error "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]" I logged out of the Facebook App and back in and am still receiving. Any suggestions?

Yes, I am definitely having this problem and have been for maybe a week...maybe MORE. It's very frustrating. I've thought about removing the application and reloading but I'm not sure if that will work.

On a related note - can you save all your facebook contacts in your gmail contacts from the droid or is that just "asking too much" lol? Or am I not finding this option?