Cannot get rid of Facebook notifications

FootballRef

Reaction score
I have the D1 and I am unrooted. I downloaded the newest version of Facebook, the one with chat.

I cannot get notifications to quit popping up in my status bar. In my Facebook settings I have tried the following with no luck:

I have unchecked notifications.

I have also checked notifications and unchecked everything it can notify me for. I am set my refresh intervals to never.

With both of these I still get notifications. Any ideas how to stop it?

PaulQ

Reaction score
Same problem. I uninstalled the update, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the update and they seem to have stopped.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Same problem. I uninstalled the update, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the update and they seem to have stopped.

I tried all of this, and I'm still getting them. It's beginning to really piss me off.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use FB so my only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall. If you have a backup you could restore it.

Kng10

Reaction score
If your talking bout the chat notifications then while in the chat hit menu the go offline. That stopped all the notifications coming to my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
If your talking bout the chat notifications then while in the chat hit menu the go offline. That stopped all the notifications coming to my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Those are not what I am talking about, I am offline for chat.

I get notifications telling me that somebody commented on someones status.

I did an uninstall and reinstalled. Still getting notifications and I have them off in the Facebook app.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Exactly the same issue I'm having. Is there any way to go back to the old version? There has got the be the install file for it out there somewhere. This version sucks.

PaulQ

Reaction score
You can uninstall the update by going to MANAGE Applications and uninstalling it.

I said earlier that I did that to solve the notification problem. well, it didn't. I still get random notifications. Annoying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jthorpe

Reaction score
If I do that, it gets rid of facebook completely. So now, how do I get back to 1.4.1? Or is it even possible? 1.5.0 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulQ

Reaction score
Are you sure? On mine, it only lets me remove update. It says that when I try to remove Facebook - just says remove update.

If yours is different, I'm not sure how you go back. ??

jthorpe

Reaction score
Are you sure? On mine, it only lets me remove update. It says that when I try to remove Facebook - just says remove update.

If yours is different, I'm not sure how you go back. ??

Yes I'm sure... Droid X... No option just to remove the update. There has to be a 1.4.1 apk file out there somewhere!

Reaction score
I have the FB update with no problems with the notifications. Is it because I had them turned off when the update hit? There's gotta be a setting you missed somewhere.